Pet Care Supervisor
Skipper is on a mission to revolutionize the dog parent experience through a single, trusted brand and end-to-end platform. We are the pioneers of Skiptown, the place for pups and their people. Skiptown is the first-of-its-kind, tech-infused, private, off-leash indoor/outdoor dog park, bar, and dog care facility.
The pet services industry is ready to be disrupted and we are leading the charge. Come join our team of dog lovers and help us change the world for the modern dog parent.
We are looking for Pet Care Supervisors who have at least 2 years of experience working in a daycare and boarding facility and managing a group of people. They are passionate about animals, think quickly on their feet, and create adventures in everyday life.
Skipper Pet Care Facility Supervisors are full-time employees that are eligible for benefits like medical, dental, and vision insurance and paid time off. Instead of paper records, employees use our app to access playgroup information, pet personalities and facility and boarding schedules. Our Pet Care Facility Supervisors receive 40 hours of classroom and on-the-job training so that they can feel confident and prepared to oversee Pet Care Associates in leading puppy playgroups.
• At least 2 years of experience working in a daycare and boarding facility (bonus points for a supervisor role and dog bathing/nail trimming experience)
• 40 hours of work availability Monday through Sunday for one or both of the following shifts: 6:00 am – 2:00 pm, 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
• Experience in herding cats (leading a group of people)
• A certificate for perfect attendance in school (you’re reliable!)
• No tardies on your permanent record (you’re punctual!)
• A sense of humor (don’t bring your certificate or your permanent record)
• You put your laundry in the hamper and not in “that chair in the corner” (you’re organized!)
• You’ve put together a piece of IKEA furniture right the first time (you’re thorough and detail-oriented!)
• You’re willing to commit to working on holidays (dogs are the gift that keeps on giving!)
• Capable of physical movements requiring the use of legs, wrists, hands and/or fingers including kneeling and bending
• Repetitive arm and wrist use. Frequent grasping
• Ability to work in an outside environment, sometimes in adverse weather conditions such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, or snow
• Ability to pull up to 140 pounds
• Ability to be on your feet and/or walking up to 8 hours per day for at least 4 hours at a time frequently on uneven or hilly walking surface
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
• Challenging work with a side of adventure
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits (Vision is free – because we want you to see all those cute puppy faces!)
• Dogs at work…every single day
• Paid Time Off
• Purple swag. Lots of purple. We’re serious. You should really like purple