Lead Analyst Category Experience
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The Lead Analyst, Category Experience will lead internal and external research and/or bench marking, lead review/analyze customer information and other relevant data, conduct analysis, while also leading the team in communicating insights and recommendations within their assigned area to leadership.
The Lead Analyst will serve as a member of a team of peers, and will be expected to help coach and develop less experienced analysts.
• Lead cross functional projects related to development and improvement of the Lowes.com experience.
• Lead analysts and senior analysts towards successful project completion to deliver goals and partner with manager to best address developmental and/or coaching opportunities along the way.
• Provides insights, competitive intelligence, and data driven recommendations to the manager of his/her assigned area.
• Creates insight based action plans to solve identified opportunity areas.
• Maintains knowledge and awareness of best practices within the company, competitors, and retail industry. Works with his/her manager to introduce and disseminate best practices across the organization.
• May be asked to meet with and present to Online and Core Merchants to deliver insights to guide future strategies, tactics, or activities.
• Works as a member of a larger team and may be asked to help coach and develop less experienced team members.
• Cross functional partnership with various teams throughout the organization.
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field (or equivalent work experience in related field)
• 1+ year(s) indirect people leadership experience
• Experience in one or more: Adobe Analytics, SQL, Power BI, MicroStrategy
• Highly proficient in MSOffice suite (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data, apply forecasting methods, draw insights, and translate into business recommendations
• Understanding of online merchandising, marketing and selling principles
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexible and able to perform in an ambiguous, fast paced, changing environment
• Analytics, statistics, and/or financial background
• Detail-oriented; ability to manage multiple requests and follow up with others to make sure things get done
• Experience assisting in strategy development for the business unit
• 3+ years retail experience
• 4+ years online experience
• Experience in Online retail or Omni-Channel merchandising/marketing
• Background in analytics, statistics, business planning and/or finance
• Experience working on or with cross-functional teams
• Experience with Adobe products (e.g., Adobe Analytics and Workspace)
• Experience in Merchandising, Marketing, Finance or related field
• Experience in Customer Insights (CI), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Customer Experience (CX)
• Experience with product management and/or product content optimization