Service Desk Technician
The Service Desk Technician(s) serve as primary technology related support for CEENTA’s user population. With a good grasp of PC hardware, desktop operating system and major office productivity applications, they will communicate with users and peers to assist in solving problems via Phone, remotely and in person.
• Basic Epic EMR application troubleshooting
• PC hardware troubleshooting to the component level
• PC Moves\Adds and changes
• PC imaging, configuration and installation
• Printer Maintenance, troubleshooting and additions
• PC Virus removal
• Spyware\Malware removal
• Create and provide documentation to resolve issues
• Remote, On-site and phone troubleshooting
• Travel to remote sites as required
• Reliability and dependability: dependability and trustworthiness. Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality as outlined in the CEENTA employee handbook.
• Customer service: demonstrate exemplary customer service to ensure a positive customer experience.
• Information collection & management: Be able to collect, organize, and monitor patient information and clinical data accurately and efficiently. This data includes Protected Health Information (PHI), which must be handled in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Adaptability: openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things and demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology.
• Organizational skills: plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities. Schedules and completes tasks in an appropriate time span.
• Technical knowledge: a good grasp of networking concepts and technologies and security fundamentals and developing new solutions with existing technology while acting as a technical resource in a specific area/program/application.
• Problem-solving skills: utilize active listening skills to identify user’s concerns, decipher what the issue is, and determine action steps to resolve the issue. The ability to identify the cause and effects of issues in the workplace by analyzing existing information to come up with appropriate solutions. This position requires proper escalation of issues to the service desk lead and or the service desk technician II as required.
• Written communication: Ability to document progressive steps within CEENTA’s Ticketing system to resolve issues and convey what necessary information succinctly and effectively by using concise, clear, appropriate language.
• This is an entry level position in which a High School diploma is required
• 1 year of computer support experience in an enterprise IT environment is preferred
• A good understanding of PC hardware
• A general Windows 7, Windows 10 desktop OS knowledge
• User level Microsoft Office 2016 and O365 experience
• Printer Management and repair experience
• Basic Domain and TCP/IP knowledge and troubleshooting ability
• CompTia A+ certification is required within 1 year of accepting this position