Ophthalmic Imaging Technician
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 95 years, and we are looking to add to our team. As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 140 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients. We are currently seeking an Ophthalmic Imaging Technician to serve patients at our Concord and Huntersville locations.
• Gather essential medical information from the patient and enter information utilizing EHR platform.
• Perform diagnostic tests if necessary including; Visual Field and OCT testing.
• Ability to perform advanced ophthalmic diagnostic testing including B scans, Fundus photos, and other advanced testing.
• Prepare exam rooms including the disposal of contaminated supplies and sterilize medical tools and equipment.
• Restock medical tools and equipment and arrange exam room instruments in addition set up lab trays necessary for a patient’s exam and procedures.
• Educate patients and/or caregivers with information on expectations and process for diagnostic testing
If also providing Contact Lens Services
• Assist the physician in providing complete contact lens services to patients
• Perform examinations, evaluations, fittings and patient education
• Manage an independent contact lens schedule while ensuring that patients are seen in a timely manner
• Maintain efficient and accurate contact lens records utilizing EPIC
• Provide patients with appropriate lens fittings after reviewing charts and discussing patient’s needs and requirements
• Conduct patient education, regarding proper wearing of lenses, insertion and removal and use of solutions
• Troubleshoot difficult contact lens fitting problems to ensure patient satisfaction.
• Maintain an appropriate inventory of lenses and solutions, to ensure adequate availability
• Ability to educate patients on the insertion and removal of contact lenses.
• Ability to fit patients with contact lenses.
• Reliability and dependability: ependability and trustworthiness. Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality.
• Computer savvy: the ability to utilized electronic medical records to properly document a patient encounter as well as other applicable related software.
• Customer service: demonstrate exemplary customer service to ensure a positive patient experience.
• Information collection & management: be able to collect, organize, and monitor patient information and clinical data accurately and efficiently. This data includes Protected Health Information (PHI), which must be handled in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Adaptability: openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things and demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology.
• Organizational skills: plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities. Schedules activities.
• Medical knowledge: intermediate understanding of Eye terminology and anatomy and best practices when providing diagnostic services
• Patient-facing communication: ability to effectively communicate expectation of therapy and services using terminology patients can easily understand in a friendly and positive way.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Computer proficient in MS office products and Epic preferred
• Active Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Certified Ophthalmic Technician license from JACHPO preferred but not required
• Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, maintain a positive team-oriented attitude with attention to detail.
• Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance with CEENTA standards
• Full medical insurance coverage
• Dental, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
• Employer-matched 401(k)
• Generous ETO plan with 7 annual paid holidays
• Discounts for the employee and their immediate family on services and goods provided at CEENTA