Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers, and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach, and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full-service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Ally’s Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of its industry-leading business franchises through cost-effective, innovative IT solutions as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery, and IT risk management.
The Ally Design and Strategy group is an assembly of the highest caliber interaction and visual designers, content designers, usability engineers, and digital strategists. We work together to tackle complex problems and present our customers with simple, intuitive, and beautiful digital experiences.
We’re growing our team, and we are actively looking for creative problems solvers and user advocates to continue evolving Ally’s award-winning customer experiences. Currently, our team is working remote, and we’re learning together how to navigate these unusual times. The interview process for this role will be unusual, but we’ll find a way to make it work. Once we’re back to business as usual, our content designer will work at the Church St. office in uptown Charlotte.
• Develop digital content strategies, content, user journeys, and copy solutions for key initiatives
• Create quality content that aligns to business objectives, brand standards, and voice/tone guidelines
• Own content narratives across all devices and platforms to ensure one, cohesive experience
• Author interaction flows and messaging hierarchies to inform content creation
• Contribute at a conceptual level with regards to long-term, category-driving initiatives
• Use a range of inputs from user research, site analytics, SEO analytics, usability findings, and design standards to develop solutions
• Collaborate with visual design teams, interaction designers, and content creators to create a best-in-class digital customer experience
• Partner with external agencies to help bring campaigns to life across digital channels
• Work within online prototypes to develop, share, and edit solutions
• Tackle multiple projects, competing priorities, and ambitious timelines
• Pitch, propose, and provide rationale for solutions to leadership in reviews
• 3+ years of digital content design experience is appropriate
• Bachelors in Communications, Marketing, Journalism/English, Usability/Research, or Business Psychology or comparable experience and a portfolio that demonstrates excellence in digital content design, including writing samples, wireframes, and messaging hierarchies
• Experience managing client relationships and varying types of deliverables
• Prior experience crafting digital content. Experience in creating copy decks or prototypes that capture online and mobile content, authenticated spaces and user content flows is key
• Experience developing and analyzing content in digital environments such as: content audits, content strategy recommendations, persona assessments, taxonomy efforts, and applied usability learnings
• Prior experience or understanding of responsive design theories and the applied role of content is a plus
• Experience collaborating in agile environments is preferred
• Must be articulate and inspire commitment to a higher standard
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills
• Proven ability to balance business needs with customer experience
• Market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals
• Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
• Planning for the Future: benefits to help you plan for the near and long term including an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement and other financial well-being programs.
• Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
• Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility support as well as benefits that help you take care of your family — parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder daycare program, and child care discounts.
• Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program, and other employee discount programs.