When you work for Moishe House, you become a part of something BIG: a global nonprofit with 14 years under our belt, building communities around the world! Founded in 2006, Moishe (pronounced moy-shuh) House empowers young adults to create their own dream Jewish communities. A Moishe House is led by a group of volunteer community builders who open their doors to twenty-somethings to create spaces of connection, new friends, and engaging events all at no cost to the participant. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House is looking for an HR Generalist/Recruiter in Charlotte, NC to head-up our recruiting function and to be a main point of contact for managers and employees on general HR policy and procedures, recruiting, onboarding, and benefits. If you’re looking for a position where no two days are the same, where team members are a valued asset, where new challenges are always around the corner, and where employee engagement is a high priority, this position is for you!
All voices are needed at Moishe House. We want our team to reflect the diversity of Moishe House community builders and participants. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to join our staff team located around the world. The Moishe House team works together through deep collaboration, investing in relationships, and continuous innovation.
Who you are and what you’ll do:
• You’re a Recruiter. You have built and maintained a talent pipeline. You have built relationships with individuals and with your network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates. You know how to refine and improve on processes and track key metrics while implementing a comprehensive and state of the art recruitment strategy for the Moishe House team. You have excellent interview, interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills, and you make the recruiting function happen.
• You’re a Leader. You’re creative and engaging. You build relationships with staff and managers, serve as an expert in a variety of human resources topics, facilitate onboarding processes for new employees and their managers, and share your knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law. You can talk to anyone; you’re motivated, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome. You enjoy coming up with new ideas and building on existing ones that will drive employee engagement.
• You’re a fierce organizer. You take initiative with all facets of the work. You manage the administrative tasks that make Human Resources run, while prioritizing the recruiting work that builds the Moishe House team. We are a small team with a huge impact!
• You have at least five years of full-time Human Resources experience, with significant direct recruiting expertise. Experience working in a nonprofit organization is preferred.
• You have a four-year college degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Administration, or a similar field, or equivalent work experience.
• You embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
• You learn quickly and adapt to the ever-changing environment. You have the proven ability to acclimate to new environments and contribute quickly. You trust others and are trustworthy, and have the ability to appropriately deal with people-sensitive issues and handle confidential documents. You are motivated to pursue a career path in HR.
• Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
• Flexible Spending Account options
• 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year that increases with continued employment; additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees
• Office closures and floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
• 401k matching after one year of employment
• Quarterly paid day of service (give back to your community!)
• Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and supervisor
• Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
• $500 annual professional development dollars to grow your expertise
• One-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
• Plenty of professional learning opportunities
• Increasing Paid Time Off
• Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms and more through Plum Benefits
• Work schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
• Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats
• Starting salary range of $53,000 – $55,000, assuming you meet the minimum requirements
• Annual merit-based salary increase