Disability Income Specialist
Consolidated Planning is a regional leader in the sale of individual disability insurance products for individuals and small business. The Disability Income Specialist (DIS) is responsible for the growth and development of the disability insurance (DI) as a profit center for their unit. This objective is accomplished through building DI sales through independent brokers.
The successful DIS will provide brokers in his or her unit the knowledge and support they need to write business that they otherwise could not have written. He or she will build a reputation for expertise in marketing and selling individual DI, proactive sales and case design support, and insight on industry trends and competition. Success also requires developing effective relationships with various home office teams to support brokers in their sales endeavors and build a profitable book of business.
• Schedule and make sales calls on a daily basis with new and existing brokers to strengthen relationships and identify selling opportunities. Proactive broker solicitation and development will initially involve 80% of the DIS’s efforts.
• Develop and execute an appropriate business plan to maximize sales and meet your unit’s production goals.
• Create agency visibility and sales opportunities through proactive marketing efforts.
• Utilize an effective contact management system to create and maintain broker profile levels (segmentation), and track business development activities.
• Achieve specific predetermined monthly, quarterly, and annual activity and sales goals.
• Identify and convert marginal brokers with potential into top producers.
• Conduct sales promotion and training meetings for brokers.
• Create and maintain a recruiting referral list of potential new agency field representatives.
• The successful DIS is a highly motivated, results-oriented entrepreneur with a strong work ethic and competitive drive to succeed
• Proven sales and relationship-building skills
• The ability to work independently and creatively in a challenging environment
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• A strong focus on personal customer service
• Ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task
• Strong sense of discipline and self-organization
• Demonstrated organizational or leadership success in a social or professional organization