If you’ve ever found yourself stumbling around NoDa at 2 am, tipsy and hungry after too many fireball shots at The Blind Pig, meet your new best friend – Benny Pennello’s.
A new pizza joint boasting slices of pizza bigger than your face is moving in next to Heist Brewery on the corner of North Davidson and North Brevard.
Benny Pennello’s will be the 10th Benny’s to open in the Southeast since 2011, and is the first to join North Carolina. The original Benny’s was started in Blacksburg, Virginia, on the VA Tech campus and quickly became well known for their larger than life 28” pizzas.
In traditional NoDa fashion, the joint is outfitted with repurposed, local furniture and building materials. Plus there’s awesome art covering the walls from floor to ceiling. We’re thrilled to see a late night counter service offering like this join the NoDa neighborhood.
- Pennello means paintbrush in Italian – a play on this location being in the arts district of Charlotte
- The 28” pizza box doesn’t fit through a standard doorway, or in most cars – bring your bungee cords to strap your takeout to da roof
- The flagship locations of 2 other restaurants currently in NoDa, Cabo Fish Taco and Boudreaux’s, are also located in Blacksburg, VA
- The Benny Pennello’s logo features a gingham pattern background, purposefully. The location is within the historic Highland Mill, a former gingham textile factory
- Benny Pennello’s will have their grand opening within the next 3 – 4 weeks, stay up to date on the grand opening schedule through their Facebook page
- Hours: Sunday – Wednesday 11 am – 12 pm, Thursday 11 am – 2 am, Friday – Saturday 11 am – 3 am
- Menu: Benny’s keeps it simple. Cheese, Pepperoni, and sausage. Plus 2 monthly specials, 1 veggie and 1 meat
- Delivery: Not at this time, maybe in the future
- Libations: A wide array of sodas and classic favorites like Yoo-hoo plus local canned and bottled beer
Congrats to @jacobb_34 and @scott_robertson94 for winning our photo contest! This picture will be placed onto our Facebook page as our profile pic for the month of September! Everyone, be sure to pay your pictures on our Instagram. Tag us and be sure to hash tag #bensyagram for your chance to win! A photo posted by Benny Marconi (@bennymarconi) on
She’s having a better day than you are (for obvious reasons) #pizza #bennyshburg A photo posted by Benny Sorrentino’s (@bennyshburg) on