Established in 2009 and founded on the belief that there is a better way to move freight, Spot has 200+ employees across two domestic locations: Indianapolis, IN and Charlotte, NC. Consistently ranked on Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies and IBJ’s Fast 25, Spot is committed to doing logistics better. With our custom technology and entrepreneurial spirit, we’re ready to tackle anything that comes our way! Our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to hiring, training and developing highly motivated individuals who are dedicated to delivering the best customer service to carriers and customers. They have an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in this fast-paced industry.
Account Managers are fast-paced, self-starters, who are proactive communicators with excellent problem-solving capabilities. They are focused on building strong rapport with prospects, customers and carriers and serve as the single point of contact for all parties. They work with urgency and empathy and are highly motivated to achieve sales and growth goals.
• Independently generating new sales revenue through the use of our proprietary CRM, RED.
• Managing customer interactions and generating sales leads: prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, making customer calls and closing deals.
• Providing spot market and bid pricing for all customers.
• Focusing on selling the core services: truckload, LTL and intermodal.
• Growing existing accounts and developing relationships.
• Participating in face-to-face meetings with customers.
• Tracking and tracing all customer freight to ensure timely freight delivery.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Sales, Business, Supply Chain Management, Communications, Logistics or another related field, it is strongly recommended that you attach a cover letter to explain your interest if your major is unrelated to the position.
• Industry experience if you do not have a relevant major.
• A strong sense of urgency to complete tasks in order to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• An entrepreneurial attitude and growth mindset.