Startup Software Engineer
ThreatSwitch based in beautiful Charlotte, NC and have team members in Nashville and DC. We think that work-life “balance” is a myth, but work-life harmony is everything. We offer competitive perks the chance to be part of a well-funded startup, work on a cool topic (security), a small, dynamic team, and an open PTO policy. We’re building a world-class security compliance management product for some of the world’s largest companies, combining the very best thinking from national security, user experience, and web technology. We’re committed to building secure, best-in-class, bug-free software, and we are doing it *fast*.
ThreatSwitch is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer. This is a remote position. We are a team of “Full Stack” and “Pre-Full Stack” engineers; specialists need not apply. As a member of the ThreatSwitch Engineering team you will learn how to excel in building secure, loosely coupled, well-tested, modular software delivered on a daily basis. Weekly code reviews and mentoring will ensure you come up to speed quickly and are set up for success. Because we are a young and adaptable company that values “being where needed”, you will begin on our Ruby on Rails backend and will learn the fundamentals and core patterns of our React (Redux) SPA.
Skills and Experience
• Because of the nature and customers of our product, only US Citizens are allowed to touch the code, so we will ask that you provide verification of US Citizenship.
• 2-3 years of developer experience with minimum 1-year experience with Ruby on Rails API in a production context.
• Demonstrable competency in at least 2 programming languages (including Ruby)
• Experience writing well-tested, coherent REST APIs.
• Proven track record of having built and shipped professional-grade software
• Familiarity with TDD and ruby on rails testing paradigms
• Flexible, learning-oriented mentality
•Understanding of database schema modeling, design, and performance considerations
• Experience with Docker and Docker Compose
• Experience working professionally with AWS
• Fierce commitment to writing tests
• Background in sciences or mathematics
You will succeed in this role if:
• You are a human first, a developer second
• You are willing and able to partake in and lead communication with project stakeholders
• People know that they can count on you, and you love it when they do
• You get equally excited about front end and back end
• You know how to balance excellent communication with lightning speed
• You can articulate the difference between progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
• You believe that in a small company, everyone should chip in to remove any obstacle