Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to improve navigation and discovery across Lowe’s large catalog of products, services and content. This includes creating a digital taxonomy strategy, standards and customer-facing navigation structure across Lowes.com mobile web, apps, tablet and desktop. The person in this position will also lead and mentor a team of analysts who maintain the customer-facing navigation on Lowes.com and execute changes.
Manager, Navigation Taxonomy is responsible for creating a best-in-class, intuitive online navigation structure to optimize product discovery while browsing Lowes.com. This is an exciting opportunity to with direct impact on improving the customer browse experience across our large catalog of products, services and content.
• Analyze data and conduct testing to develop an in-depth understanding of how customers search for, perceive and think about Lowe’s products, services and content.
• Define customer facing navigation, product hierarchy and sit structure.
• Create and lead cross-functional governance steering committee to define and maintain structure and cross enterprise alignment of Lowes.com customer facing navigation.
• Collaborate with IT, technical product management and data science partners on intent-based, personalized navigation efforts.
• Work closely with content management platform teams to understand and influence product data and onboarding process.
• Partners with SEO to understand top searched terms that can influence customer facing navigation.
• Leads a team of Analysts and is responsible for inspiring, managing and developing these direct report
• Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical, data-focused field such as Library Sciences, Information Sciences
• 4 years’ relevant experience in online navigation, taxonomy or search
• Deep knowledge of website usability and passion for improving the online customer shopping experience.
• Strong analytical, business planning and project management skills
• Strong leadership abilities and experience in managing cross-functional work relationships
• Knowledge of user experience
• 1+ year Experience leading others
• Master’s Degree