Right now, $5 million gets you a 5-plus-bedroom home, featuring magazine-worthy design, on a big lot along a tree-lined street — and extras like golf course views, or an at-home dog washing station.
These multi-million dollar mansions are in Myers Park, Quail Hollow, and Eastover — some of the city’s most desirable neighborhoods.
2251 Vernon Drive – $4,950,000
Newly renovated Myers Park mansion with pizza oven and dog wash station
Why we love it: This Myers Park stunner is what dreams are made of. We’re talking spacious bedrooms with en-suite baths and big closets; a third-floor movie theater with soundproof walls and a bar; a dog washing station with built-in kennels; and gorgeous architectural details. The master suite is enviable. It features two custom walk-in closets, a spa-like bathroom with heated floors, and a fireplace.
- Neighborhood: Myers Park
- Realtor: Isabel Roberts at Dickens Mitchener & Associates Inc.
- Specs: 5 bed, 7 bath, 7,554 square feet
- Notable features: Outdoor kitchen with pizza oven, movie room, four fireplaces, master suite with two custom walk-in closets, dog washing station, and built-in kennels
7430 Baltusrol Lane – $5,250,000
Sprawling estate with European feel and Quail Hollow golf course views
Why we love it: Starting with the dramatic circular driveway with a fountain this five-bed home is up front with all of its grandeur. The interior features a marble entry with curved staircase, ornate paneling and ceiling work, a giant wine cellar, an eight-car garage made for collectors, and an elevator. And the terrace and pool setup overlooking the Quail Hollow golf course was made for entertaining — it’s the only place I want to party for the Wells Fargo tournament.
- Neighborhood: Quail Hollow
- Realtor: Susan May at HM Properties
- Specs: 5 bed, 6 full & 2 half bath, 9,106 square feet
- Notable features: Some of the best Quail Hollow golf course views, 8-car garage, wine cellar, terrace, pool, and hot tub
401 Eastover Road – $5,495,000
Elegant Eastover abode designed by Meyer Greeson Architecture and built by Philip Thomas in 2000, enhanced by Ken Pursley and Ben Page in 2016
Why we love it: This Eastover abode has a careful balance of traditional charm with modern elegance. Features include a green-hued kitchen with a stately fireplace, a fabulous master suite with a modern, chic walk-in, and a giant flex/playroom. The outdoor area is the star of the show, though. The pool house, designed Ken Pursley, is stunning, and Ben Page designed the courtyard around the pool, dining area, and covered porch for the ultimate outdoor living space.
- Neighborhood: Eastover
- Realtor: Jocelyn Rose at HM Properties
- Specs: 5 bed, 6 full & 2 half bath, 7,205 square feet
- Notable features: Thoughtful design by some of Charlotte’s best (Meyer Greeson Architecture, Philip Thomas, Ken Pursley, and Ben Page), stunning pool and pool house, traditional charm and architecture, wet bar, playroom