A year after opening, Peppervine, which sits at No. 2 on the Agenda’s best restaurants list, is launching a new power-packed brunch menu. Dishes range from the always comforting cinnamon roll to avocado toast with house cold-smoked trout.
Chef Bill Greene says this is his first venture into the brunch space, but since the mid-morning meal is one of the city’s favorite pastimes, he decided to give the people what they want.
Brunch will be available every Sunday starting March 8 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant directly or through OpenTable.
The menu includes 13 entrees, two bakery treats, four sides, three mocktails, and four special cocktails. The main dishes are priced $13-$20.
- Orange Ricotta Doughnuts — with lemon curd, blueberry jam
- House cinnamon rolls — made with potatoes and cream cheese icing
- Fried Oysters — horseradish remoulade, pickled turmeric shallots, chili oil
- House granola and greek yogurt with berries
- Boy & Girl Farm Butter Lettuce Salad — apples, roasted pecan, green goddess dressing
- Quinoa Salad — grilled chicken, spinach, roasted butternut, red wine vinaigrette
- Farmer’s Quiche — hollandaise, mesclun salad
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes — with roasted apples, sorghum butter, maple syrup
- Fried “Yardbird” & Pimento Cheese Biscuit — served with sawmill gravy and Yukon potatoes
- Short Rib “Pastrami” Benedict — English muffin, hollandaise, Yukon potatoes
- Shrimp & Grits — Farm & Sparrow cheddar grits, tasso ham gravy
- Egg White Frittata — roasted vegetables, white cheddar, salsa verde
- Avocado Toast & House Cold Smoked Trout — crème fraiche, capers, charred onion, marinated beets, arugula
- Kimchi Fried Rice — pork belly, sunny side egg, toasted nori
- Pimento Cheese Biscuit & Gravy — served with sunny side egg, apple wood smoked bacon
- Sides: cheddar grits, Yukon gold potatoes, apple wood smoked bacon, fresh fruit
Non-alcoholic drinks (coffee and mocktails):
- Counter Culture Coffee (from Durham)
- Cucumber Apple Beer — Cardamom apple shrub, cucumber water, verjus, fresh dill, and ginger beer
- Cinnamon Grapefruit Agua Fresca — fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, house cinnamon syrup, sparkling water press, cinnamon sticks
- Savvas’ Famous Basil Pepper-Smash —fresh muddled basil, yuzu citrus, Anaheim pepper, lemon, touch of salt
- Bellini Shimmer — peach and tangerine purée, touch of agave, Prosecco, and a Madagascar vanilla bean shimmer
- Donga Punch — fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, house cinnamon syrup, fresh lime, Bacardi Select, and topped with Goslings black rum
- The Perfect Bloody – featuring Demitri’ Bloody Mary Seasonings with Clamato and tomato juices and, of course, Tito’s Handmade Vodka with house pickled vegetables
- Mommas Mimosa — touch of blood orange and Grapefruit juices, St Germaine Elderflower topped with Cava
OK, here’s a look some of the new brunch menu items.