Business Control Specialist, Global Banking and Markets Risk Technology
Bank of America is seeking a talented and committed Senior Technology Risk and Control specialist to join our Global Banking and Markets, Risk and Finance Technology CIO organization (GBAM ERFT Tech). Our CIO organization provides end-to-end technology solutions for Global Markets businesses including Equities, Prime Brokerage, Interest Rates, Currencies, Commodities, Derivatives, Structured Products and Global Banking.
Tech Risk & Control advocates a strong risk management culture to ensure capabilities are in place to drive execution of the Bank’s Exam Management framework. As part of the first line of defense we work with application managers, enterprise control functions and process owners to ensure control gaps are identified and remediated.
You will oversee the effective implementation of the Bank’s Risk framework and Global Technology and Operations (GT&O) governance routines and requirements, using established tools and documented procedures. This includes documentation to enable tracking, monitoring, and escalation of technology and operational risk related issues to management, and acting as an ambassador of the risk culture.
This is a senior technology control leadership position with great scope for influence. It will be located in Jersey City with primary responsibility for managing a portfolio of regulatory exams, inquiries and regulatory mandated attestations as well as internal Audit activities. Duties include working with senior technology leadership, regulatory relations, internal and external examiners to manage and coordinate concerted responses to those seeking to understand and evaluate the controls in place over our application estate.
• Collaborate across the GBAM ERF Tech application groups, Risk Leads and enterprise process owners (including Global Information Security) to respond to Internal and External Audits, Exams, and Regulatory Inquiries
• Manage cross-functional operational risk programs and projects by driving communication and coordination across multiple GBAM Tech divisions to ensure the timely completion of objectives and the seamless execution of plans
• Lead and/or coordinate special projects and programs, as requested by GBAM Tech management
• Help to build a sustainable risk culture and risk management program within GBAM Tech, managing metrics and providing transparency, leading GBAM Tech participation in technology risk activities. Support the Identify, Escalate, Debate risk culture.
• Partner with Technology Executives, their Teams, Exam Management, Compliance and Operations Risk to coordinate and facilitate regulatory exams.
• Program manage a portfolio of regulatory inquiries, exams, reviews and findings and circulates information in regular management reporting.
• Work with relevant groups to enhance the regulatory governance framework and internal controls and provide subject matter expertise on all matters relating to technology control including access management and controls over delivery of technical change.
• Review documentation requests in conjunction, using control expertise determine optimum means to respond to examiners and ensure timely submission of regulator requests
• Facilitates the collection of documents impacting GBAMT and ensures the quality of the documentation prior submission to the exam management team.
• Acts as primary regulatory exam point of contact for business units within GBAMT
• Manage relationships and communications with business and control partners at various levels of the organization
• Technology risk and control experience is critical. Technology Audit and/or risk experience preferred (preferably CISA or CRISC, other industry Audit/risk qualification considered)
• 5+ years plus experience operating in technology risk and control related roles preferably within financial services
• Incumbents should have at least a Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in Markets technology or Institutional / Corp Investment technology experience preferred and/or “Big 4” consulting experience in Financial Services
• Prior experience with a regulatory agency / supervisor or within an Audit function overseeing banking or financial industry technology preferred.
• Experience working with risk and control industry frameworks, including COBIT and COSO.
• Strong project management skills and skilled in handling multiple priorities with tight deadline
• Self-starter with ability to work to short deadlines across multiple time zones
• Strong history of effectively presenting to a executive audience via effective collaboration, influencing and communication.
• Work within a team but also has the ability to work for extended period in standalone roles to meet targets and deadlines
• Ability to analyze details and shape results into conclusions and recommendations for management