Senior Marketing Specialist (HIRED)
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
This position will support the development, execution, quality assurance, and reporting processes for our Marketing and Service email requests across the Ally Enterprise. (Bank, Auto, Invest, Dealer, etc) This role is a primary contact for campaign requests, coordinates email resources, manages the deployment calendar, QC emails prior to launch, ensures company email standards are adhered to and provides recommendations on email best practices. In addition, the individual is responsible for the accuracy, timeliness and reporting of all campaigns executed by the email team and reports to the Email Manager.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function:
The Marketing Team is made up of dedicated world class marketing and communications professionals who are responsible for the strategic development and execution of campaigns and initiatives to support Ally, its business lines and product offerings. In addition, the external communications arm of marketing is responsible for advancing Ally’s corporate reputation and promoting the company’s strategic objectives by developing and executing communications plans for the media and external stakeholders. Marketing also has responsibility for the Ally brand, social media, customer engagement, media relations and cross sell efforts. Additionally, the marketing team oversees enterprise research and delivers insight, tools and trends to the enterprise.
• Manage email campaigns from start to finish, includes testing, proofing, evaluating, and reporting
• Manage and maintain a cross-channel, global email calendar
• Lead daily & weekly status calls for email team, CRM marketing partners and contact center stakeholders
• Manage the QA, approvals & deployment of Ally bank, auto, invest, and dealer email campaigns
• Excellent understanding of current email production and deliverability best practices, as well as optimization methods
• Keep up to date with best practices, competitor offerings and deliverability standards in the email marketing industry
• Coordinate campaign timing with marketing, analytics, creative and email teams to meet deadlines
• Continually review processes and look for ways to gain efficiencies
• Manage multiple, highly detailed tasks accurately while reacting with urgency and reprioritizing as needed to ensure all objectives and deployment deadlines are met
• Track and monitor emails sent through ESP while reporting on performance, bounces and unsub rate
• Assist Director and Email Manager in the implementation of new technologies, services and/or vendor solutions that enhance our email marketing capabilities
• Serve as back-up for the Email Manager when they are unavailable and ensure adequate coverage across the email team
• Bachelor’s degree in field of study Marketing, Business Management, Communications or related field
• 1-2 years’ of email marketing, digital marketing or multi-channel campaigns
• 3-5 years’ professional experience in project or program management, traffic management, or managing marketing campaigns or editorial calendars
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Able to manage multiple projects, meet time-sensitive schedules and be comfortable with shifting/competing priorities
• QC developed emails against original, approved comps to ensure accuracy
• Experience working with cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to communicate with both business and technical functions
• Able to build effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization
• Possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Experience identifying and interpreting key performance indicators to optimize email messaging
Ability to manage projects and resource partners.
• Prefer experience using third party email service provider platforms (ExactTarget/SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, HubSpot, etc.).
• Be a flexible, creative, energetic self-starter
• Basic knowledge of HTML / CSS is helpful
• Background in financial services is helpful
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally’s Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work — and outside of it and includes:
• Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
• Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
• Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.