I saw Jamey Johnson last week. Did not know what to expect. One of my favorite crowds at Fillmore. They sang, drank a lot of beer and booed a few NASCAR drivers. It was just about perfect. Amphitheater season is just about over. Get inside.
Times listed are when the show is scheduled to start, not when the doors are opened. Unless listed otherwise noted, prices are before taxes and fees.
- 9/30: Dopapod, The Nth Power; Neighborhood Theatre, 9 p.m., $15-$18. These Boston dudes have hit Charlotte and the great state of NC several times the last few years and are growing in the jam world. They bring a healthy dose of genre-melding groovy improvisational music.
- 10/3: The Mountain Goats, Heather McEntire; Neighborhood Theatre, 8 p.m., $20-$30. The Mountain Goats’ John Darnielle has written a novel, Wolf in White Van, and put out an album about professional wrestling in the last two years. He is one of the more interesting people in music. Show will be fun.
- Yarbs, Patois Counselors, Birthkontrolle, Ancient Council, Evel Arc; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., free
- That 1 Guy, Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $15
- Christian Lee Hutson, Michaela Anne; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $6-$8
- Dopapod, The Nth Power; Neighborhood Theatre, 9 p.m., $15-$18
- Great Peacock; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $6-$8
- The Hackensaw Boys, Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $12-$15
- Of Good Nature, Roots of a Rebellion, Lovely Budz; Rabbit Hole, 9 p.m., $7
- Dune Rats, Black Market, Secret Hospital; Snug Harbor, 8 p.m., $5-$7
- Dank, Dead 27’s, The Trongone Band; Visulite Theatre, 9 p.m., $8.50-$12
- Bring Me The Horizon, Issues, Pvris; The Fillmore, 7 p.m., $40.23 with fees and taxes
- Joey Cape, Walt Hamburger, Jason Guy Smiley, Erik Button; Milestone, 9 p.m., $13-$15
- Willie Watson, Heather Maloney; Neighborhood Theatre, 8 p.m., $15
- Spaceface, Spirit System, Super Age; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $10
- Stolen Hearts featuring Pam Taylor & Robert Johnson Jr.; Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $11
- Annabelle’s Curse, Mt. Thelonious; Evening Muse, 10:30 p.m, $6-$8
- Lisa Loeb, Stage Door Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, 8 p.m., $32.50
- The Business People, Knowne Ghost, You Vandal, Rothschild; Milestone, 9 p.m., $7
- Sydney Eloise & The Palms, Hectorina; Snug Harbor, 10 p.m., $5
- Polyrythmics, Groove 8; Rabbit Hole, 8:30 p.m., $10
- Noah Guthrie, Evening Muse, 8 p.m., $10-$12
- Jeanne Jolly, Mackenzi Morris; Amos’ Southend, 8 p.m., $12-$15
- The Mountain Goats, Heather McEntire; Neighborhood Theatre, 8 p.m., $20-$30
- SkinKage, A Light Divided, Black Plague, OZAI, Pillars of Extinction; Tremont Music Hall, 8 p.m., $10-$12
- Randall Bramblett, Double Door Inn, 9 p.m., $15
- Mike Dillon Band, Chasing Edison; Rabbit Hole, 8 p.m., $8-$10
- Lucero, Neighborhood Theatre, 8 p.m., $20-$25