Social Events and Catering Manager
The social catering manager is responsible for the majority of the wedding and social events at The Duke Mansion. This involves the handling of all the event details and preparation leading up to the event as well as being the onsite contact during event execution. The social catering manager will work closely with clients to ensure their event is a success, and follow up with the client to get feedback after the event is through. This position involves managing client relations as well as employee and vendor relations to run a smooth operation.
• Responsible for managing all event details including but not limited to setup, menu, timeline etc.
• Create and manage banquet event orders and rooming lists through venue operating systems.
• Conduct site visits and planning meetings for clients and guests.
• Maximize revenue by upselling products and services for each event.
• Work collaboratively with service department to ensure the client’s needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments through banquet event orders and diagrams.
• Build and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients to enhance guest experiences and cultivate future business.
• Responsible for preparing invoices at the conclusion of each event for client and accounting.
• Coding vendor invoices for each event for accounts payable.
• Work with additional vendors for client needs that are outsourced including parking and rental equipment.
• Attend weekly sales meetings, BEO meetings & operations meetings.
• Become knowledgeable about all hotel capabilities and services including front desk, reservations and rooms.
• Understand and support our brand expectations of customer service.
• Execute exemplary customer service to ensure client satisfaction before, during and after the event.
• Working knowledge of Delphi, RoomMaster, AllSeated (or similar) and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Comfortable learning and operating audio/visual equipment.
• 2 or 4 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related major.
• OR 2 years of experience in sales, event planning or similar professional area.
• Sales office hours are Monday – Friday however, social and wedding related business will require occasional Saturday and Sunday coverage.
• Able to work evenings, weekends and holiday as business demands.