Field Service Technician
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Sentek Dynamics is a growing company focused on turn-key environmental testing solutions for domestic and international customers. Our target markets include aerospace, automotive, defense, electronics, energy, and medical device manufacturers. Our products include a comprehensive line of vibration testing systems and temperature/humidity chambers designed to meet today’s demanding test requirements.
Sentek Dynamics is seeking a Field Service and Assembly Technician for our Kannapolis, NC product demonstration, assembly and service facility. Reporting to the Field Service Manager, this position requires hands-on experience combined with technical knowledge and strong communication skills.
The Field Service and Assembly Technician will be responsible for post-sale customer support including, but not limited to, installation, and service (diagnose, repair and maintain) of Sentek Dynamics’ vibration testing systems and environmental test chambers. This position will also support the assembly and test of products during production. A strong sense of responsibility and initiative is required along with cooperation with other departments.
• Support new customers with facility preparations
• Installation and commissioning of equipment at customer’s facility
• Provide the first line of support to existing customers
• Support customer requests for service and preventative maintenance
• Prepare labor and material quotes for service and preventative maintenance
• Prepare and maintain warranty and customer support records and reports
• Production support – assembly and test of new product
• Support the sales team to meet sales goals
• Travel required 25-50 %
• Extensive hands-on mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic experience; refrigeration and fabrication experience a plus
• Must be an organized, self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate with strong MS Office experience
• Must be friendly, social, presentable and professional
• Preference given to candidates with an ME or EE degree in combination with one to two years’ experience working on mechanical and electrical components and assemblies
Competitive starting salary of $5,000 – $5,500 per month, including bonus, benefits (insurance and 401(k).