Associate Product Manager (HIRED)
Skipper is on a mission to revolutionize the dog parent experience through a single, trusted brand and end-to-end platform. We are the pioneers of Skiptown, the place for pups and their people. Skiptown is the first-of-its kind, tech-infused, private, off-leash indoor/outdoor dog park, bar, and dog care facility.
The pet services industry is ready to be disrupted and we are leading the charge. Come join our team of dog lovers and help us change the world for the modern dog parent.
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to join us in building the future of pet care. This is a cross-functional role that will interface with all aspects of our organization, and will help shape the experiences of Skipper clients and team members.
The ideal candidate is someone who makes an impact and adds value, always. A self starter with a mindset of curiosity and exemplary attention to detail, they thrive in an environment where uncertainty is the norm. They have a passion for solving user problems, prioritization, and dogs (obviously).
• Analyze user data and business opportunities to help shape the future of Skipper
• Define and document product requirements and user stories
• Conduct research and user discovery for potential new features and service lines
• Coordinate user testing for new products and features
• Help validate user issues with Skipper software and translate these into detailed projects for the engineering team
• Observe and collect feedback from all Skipper users and report on trends and opportunities
• Become an expert on the convergence of Skipper operational processes and our software
• Work collaboratively with other members of the product and engineering teams to bring the future of Skipper to life
• 0-3 years of work experience (newbies welcome!)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• A self-starter attitude and a desire to tackle every challenge you come across
• A highly organized and process-oriented mindset with relentless attention to detail
• A demonstrated interest in technology, early-stage startups, or the pet care industry (or all three!)
• Qualitative and quantitative research skills (you’re an expert Googler)
• Fantastic question-asking abilities and a natural curiosity about all types of people and problems
• A deep interest in user experience, creating an analyzing products
• Receptive to feedback not only from your team but from your users as well
• Experience working on a product team or at an early-stage startup
• A coding or design background
• Experience with any of the common product management frameworks
• This role is based in Charlotte, NC
• Skipper offers a competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Dog-friendly office!
• Unlimited vacation policy
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.