By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. AvidXchange is the industry leader in leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processed 9.5 million payments last year across its network of more than 500,000 suppliers, transforming the way 5,500 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,300 employees in seven locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game, “Passion about Customer Success, “Win as a Team, “Play to our Strengths,” and “Have a Blast.” We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
The VP, Controller is responsible for oversight and leadership of the Controller’s group, including all aspects of accounting, customer billing, tax, external reporting, internal audit and payroll.
• Attract, motivate and lead a qualified and a high performing team
• Drive operational excellence and efficiency through our accounting operations systems and processes through cross functional change management and leadership
• Partner with CFO and executive leadership in driving expense control and disciplines across the business
• Oversight and accountability for the Company’s annual audit
• Monthly financial statement close and preparation of management reports
• Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”)
• Monthly customer billings and collections
• Compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Oversight of the Internal Audit function
• Provide quarterly updates to the Company’s Audit Committee
• 10+ years of accounting experience
• Experience managing large groups
• Experience leading through transformational change in the controllership function including acquisition integration, ERP system implementation, etc.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP
• CPA license
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus in accounting
• Preferred experience in public accounting
• Preferred experience in software/technology
• SEC Reporting Experience
• Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 12 years prior relevant experience