Nurse Aide /Healthcare Tech – Labor and Delivery Room (HIRED)
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
The Nurse Aide/Healthcare Technician (CNA) assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision and control of the Registered Nurse. Assists in maintaining a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competencies as appropriate to the needs of the patient population served.
• Supports patients/residents with activities of daily living.
• Assists patients/residents with personal hygiene.
• Takes vital signs and height and weight measurements.
• Feeds and ambulates patients/residents according to specific procedures.
• Maintains patient/resident’s rooms in a clean and orderly condition.
• Observes and reports changes in patient/resident conditions.
• Orients patients/families to unit and instructs patient on safety measures.
• Assists with clerical work such as, including answering phones, entering data and maintaining medical records.
• Maintains stock supply items in inventory management.
• Performs duties as outlined in the scope of Nurse Aide I or Nurse Aide II tasks (per North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II Tasks List).
• Perform technical tasks with appropriate training such as administering a 12- Lead Electrocardiogram test and routine venipuncture.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
High School Diploma or GED required. Current listing with the DFS Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide I or with the North Carolina Board of Nursing as a Nurse Aide II. Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support HealthCare Provider certification.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.