Did you know that if you stay in a hotel for three months or more, you don’t have to pay hotel tax?
I only learned this recently, when my husband and I reached the 90-day mark of living in a hotel. If you’re thinking, “That sounds like an awfully long time to stay in a hotel room,” you’re correct. We didn’t exactly plan on being hotel dwellers for a fourth of a year, but home renovations always take longer than you expect. Knowing what we know now, we might choose a different place to rest our temporarily homeless heads.
If you’ve ever looked for a short-term housing option, you know that it can be a bit tricky. Is it worth it to move all of your furniture into an apartment for three months? Do any apartments even offer a three-month lease? Can you find fully furnished options that don’t cost an arm and a leg? It can be overwhelming, and you might not know where to start.
For those looking for a place to call home for any length of time in the one-week to three-month range, consider the options below.
Extended Stay America
- 5830 Westpark Drive
- 710 Yorkmont Road
- 6035 Nations Ford Road
- 8211 University Executive Park Drive
- 123 E. McCullough Drive
Price: $69.99 per night. Rate decreases the longer you stay.
- Fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, stovetop, microwave, coffee maker, cooking utensils, dishes, and cutlery.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Free WiFi
- Complimentary grab-and-go breakfast
- Coin-operated laundry facility
- Pet friendly rooms
- One “full service” housekeeping cleaning per week
- 540 Pressley Road
- 7135 Albemarle Road
- 7706 North Tryon Street
- 7410 North Tryon Street
- 8530 East Independence Boulevard
Price: From $229.99 per week. Nightly rates available ($59.99 per night) at the East Independence location.
- Full kitchen
- High speed WiFi access
- 42-inch flat screen HD TVs
- 8812 University East Drive
- 16530 Northcross Drive
- 3247 Charlotte Highway
Price: From $71.24 per night
- Full kitchen
- Health & fitness center
- On-site laundry facilities
- Free Internet access
Home2Suites by Hilton
Location: 6025 Tyvola Glen Circle
Price: From $129 per night
- Buisness center with fax machine, printer, and meeting rooms
- Complimentary breakfast
- Coin laundry
- Swimming pool
- Fitness room
- Safety deposit box
- Snack shop
A Home On The Go Corporate Suites
Location: 16109 BridgeHampton Club Dr.
Price: From $1,860 per month
- Flexible lease terms starting with one week
- In-suite washer and dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Fitness center
- Grocery service
- Tennis and volleyball courts, playground, and swimming pool
If you’re less of the hotel type, and more of a sublet or furnished apartment type, these websites that may help in your search:
*Rates may vary depending on season, availability, and location.