Director of Marketing
RealRecruit was founded in 2015 and is one of the fastest-growing software platforms in collegiate athletics. Our campus partners span all major conferences including the ACC, SEC, Big 12, BIG10 and PAC-12 and represent many of the college sports teams that you know and love. Tens of thousands of student-athletes, coaches, and administrators trust and utilize RealRecruit’s various product offerings including surveys, real-time reporting, and documentation tracking.
We need a proven leader that will own Marketing at RealRecruit.
This role will also dig into multiple areas of marketing but must be able to learn and understand the market where we operate, the buyer and their needs, and how to reach those buyers in a go-to-market strategy.
This role will own the company messaging, the brand propositioning, and the product level value propositions and how these show up in the market in a unified and consistent way. This person will be the chief advocate for our various product features and their benefits and will play an integral role in the organizing of product launches and roadmap planning. As a growth role, this person will help to identify new roles within the company to further support the expanding needs of the business.
This person should be able to:
• Develop and measure comprehensive and effective marketing plans that drive visibility and demand.
• Lead and develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with targeted buyers by understanding our brand, customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive landscape.
• Educate both internal and external stakeholders about our product features and their benefits.
• Develop assets that support and explain the features and functionality that we have and share them with various formats and deliver value.
• Participate with our sales team on calls with prospects when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
• Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product.
• Coordinating with Customer Success to ensure the brand and product messages are incorporated into adoption and usage initiatives.
• Evaluate media and partner opportunities to further the positioning and reach for the company.
• Experience working in a fast-paced and startup environment.
• 5+ years of strategic marketing, product marketing, and/or product management experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills — Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, very executive groups, and a solid writer.
• Build and develop comprehensive marketing plans that incorporate objectives, marketing strategy, needs-based messaging and go-to-market for both marketing and sales channels
• Proficiency in content management systems. You will be expected to build product pages, optimize the conversion paths on those pages, and use dynamic calls-to-action to create and test buyer stage-specific calls-to-action.
• Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or isn’t — working
• Worked in a small, collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring the product to life. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates, founder, and market.
• Willing to travel 20% of the time
• A passion for sports, having fun, and competing every day