Human Resources Coordinator (HIRED)
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 200 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year, and engage close to 100,000 volunteers.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Reporting directly to the VP Human Resources, the part-time Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for various human resource functions supporting GOTR HQ and subsidiaries including personnel management, recruiting and onboarding and benefits administration.
This position is a 25 hours per week and is located in the Girls on the Run International office in Charlotte, NC. The application deadline is January 31st, 2020.
• Utilizing ATS, manage full cycle recruiting activities including job postings, applicant tracking and correspondence, scheduling phone screens and interviews, including candidate travel arrangements as needed and final offers
• Advise managers and hiring teams on staffing policies and procedures, guiding teams through the recruiting process
• Coordinate and facilitate new hire orientations and onboarding including onboarding paperwork, updating payroll system and benefits enrollment
• Maintain accurate and updated personnel file records
• Provide administrative support for new subsidiary onboarding
• Complete and process 1-9 forms including verification of employment through E-Verify
• Recruit and support onboarding efforts for internship program
• Ensure wrap up items are completed for employee offboarding
• Serve as point of contact for employee questions related to policies and procedures, referring to specialist or VP, Human Resources as needed
• Process staff changes, pay increases and other informational changes in payroll system and applicable vendor sites
• Work closely with AP | Payroll Specialist to ensure payroll-related changes are captured and ready for payroll processing
• Update and maintain quarterly HR dashboard, providing quarterly report to leadership
• Update and maintain employee directory
• Track performance management review documentation from managers
• Provide key staff-related communications
• Gather information and reporting as needed by VP, Human Resources, CFO, and senior leaders
• In conjunction with VP, Human Resources manage annual open enrollment meetings and enrollment activities for all benefit programs
• Manage new employee enrollment in all benefit offerings
• Manage employee offboarding from organization’s benefit offerings, including COBRA management
• Process quarterly 401k changes in payroll system and 401k vendor website
• Coordinate annual 5500 filing with vendor
• Manage time off accruals, tracking and employee questions
• Manage organization’s medical leave program, tracking leave and serving as point of contact to employees
• Complete workers’ compensation audits
• Prepare and distribute annual employee total compensation statements
• Serve as a role model for Girls on the Run
• Develop positive relationships with staff and council members
• Ensure actions comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by being familiar with existing and new legislation
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the VP, Human Resources and senior management
• 1+ years of human resource generalist experience; or a combination of equivalent education and experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Proven attention to detail
• Highly organized and proactive, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time and deliver within deadlines
• Strong customer service skills with excellent follow-up and follow-through
• Able to thrive in a complex environment managing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential!
• This position is offering a compensation of $17 – $20/hour as well as a generous PTO plan, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.