Investor Relations Coordinator
The Coordinator, Investor Relations is responsible for assisting with developing and maintaining beneficial long-term relationships with the company’s investors; helping to communicate the company’s investment message to the investment community on behalf of the company; and assisting with monitoring and updating the organization on the opinions of the investment community.
• Assists with maintenance of company investor relations plan.
• Serves as a point of contact for all investors and shareholders.
• Enters investor account information into Master Investor Database/CRM. Ensures names and contact information are accurate and any changes are communicated effectively throughout the organization. Assist with creation of custom reports weekly for Business Development Meeting and as needed.
• Proactively builds relationships with new and existing investors. Monitors and documents all significant communication (verbal and written). Ensures communication is appropriate and accurate.
• Assists with quarterly/annual reporting and other communications to investors and shareholders (including capital tracking sheets, special reports for major investors), regularly assessing content and professional appearance of all reporting and communication.
• Post subscription documents, Yardi IM investor statements, investor communications, K-1’s and other secure documents to the fund administrator’s FTP secure site.
• Maintains relationships with brokers-dealers, attorneys, fund administrators, thoroughly understands the terms of any offering, and ensures regulatory compliance and operating agreement/offering requirements are met throughout the life of an investment.
• Reviews all incoming investor subscription agreements to confirm all information is completed and KYC items included. Request additional items as needed for investor approval. Tracks commitments and money raised.
• Assists with communication related to capital calls and distributions
• Assists with distribution of K-1’s and other tax related information. Maintains adequate knowledge of organization/entity flow charts and basic tax rules.
• Coordinates and facilitates investor assignment and assumption agreements to include: approval of assignment from Grubb Fund Management or SPV Investor Relations, completion and full execution of assignment and assumption agreement forms, collecting assignee’s photo ID, W-9 and banking information; submission of documents to fund accounting, fund administrator, updating Master Investor Database/CRM.
• Provides feedback to organization regarding the investment community’s perception of the company.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred.
• Five years successful real estate industry experience; strong client relationship experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of investment terminology and understanding of financial reporting.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong ability to communicate with broad range of investors.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
• Works in office setting as well as on job sites
• Works under minimal supervision
• Frequently moves about to coordinate work
• Wears hard hat on job sites
• Occasionally walks, climbs stairs, visually inspects
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions