What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? When you join Discovery Education, you’ll be part of a fast-growing global team that empowers teachers with best-in-class digital curriculum that connects learning to the real-world so that every student can achieve to their highest potential.
We’re the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum for K-12 classrooms, positively impacting students by aligning with strategic partners and educational institutions to deliver award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development and the largest networked learning community of its kind.
For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the educational technology space, Discovery Education offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the support of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming. Team members enjoy a high-energy, purpose-driven work environment — as well as tremendous opportunities to grow, learn and make a difference. If you like working with a curious, collaborative, high-performing team, Discovery Education is the place for you.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We are seeking a seasoned Salesforce Admin to help maintain and support a diverse Salesforce instance. The Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing development of our deployment and will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption. The administrator will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop, and deploy new business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for the executing of the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement for Discovery Education’s platform. The ideal candidate will own the daily administration of Discovery Education Salesforce instance. The Salesforce Administrator will work to ensure efficient use of the platform, reporting, data hygiene, and deliverables. This role will require excellent cross functional communication skills, detailed planning and timely execution.
Day-to-day Maintenance & Platform Enhancements:
• Own the management of Salesforce; be an internal resource for training and questions to promote adoption across sales, marketing, and operations departments
• Customize salesforce.com views, workflows, objects, rules, profiles, etc. by segment/team and collaborate with sales team, data analytics, and operations to enhance user experience
• Ensure sales and account management goals are clearly defined and reported on regularly
• Manage incoming support requests from sales, support, and marketing users; including daily administrative/maintenance requests and larger analytical projects
• Evaluate, scope, execute and QA updates and enhancements within expected timeframe
• Manage and maintain integration with third party tools and salesforce
• Make suggestions on additional applications to better improve salesforce workflow
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assist with problem resolution
Data Integrity & Analytics:
• Assist in creating and distributing dashboards and reports based on sales/marketing leadership needs, targets, and goal metrics
• Manage regular inputs from internal data sources
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure data integrity
Who You Are:
• Mission-Driven: Passionate about Discovery Education’s vision to transform teaching and learning, experience in education or ed-tech industry a plus
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
• Leadership: Demonstrate exceptional leadership; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency, flawless organization skills, and ability to inspire others to act and fulfill Discovery Education’s mission
• Collaborative: Positive, solution-oriented team player with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy environment; team player/ builder with the humility to be focused on the success of the collective over individual
• Hustle: The courage and confidence to work hard and with passion; committed to getting the job done; sustain effort in the face of adversity. Maintain consistency and focus over time with a positive “never give up” attitude
• Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: Driven self-starter with the ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
• Learning Orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations
• Sense of Humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes
• Legal right to work in the United States