That white brick building across from the Dilworth Neighborhood Grill will soon be the new retail location of Meat & Fish Co. They’re retailers, wholesalers and caterers of high-end beef, fish, pork, game and exotic meats. Think Wagyu beef and caviar.
A target date hasn’t been set, but the owners expect it to open sometime in the fall. Interior construction is going on right now, and the floors should be put in within the next month. This building is in a high traffic area and is a solid addition to that part of Morehead Street.
- Meat & Fish Co. was one of the founding tenants of the 7th Street Public Market in 2011.
- Business is owned and operated by Michael and Dawn LaVecchia.
- Meat selection is impressive and worth a look.
- Lots of local options including farms in Mooresvile and Cherryville.
- The company doesn’t currently have a retail location but is operating its wholesale business out of temporary space.
- New location will have some grab-and-go lunch options.
- This place used to be Young’s Cleaners.