Senior Specialist- Social Sports Sponsorship (HIRED)
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
The Marketing Team is made up of dedicated world class marketing and communications professionals who are responsible for the strategic development and execution of campaigns and initiatives to support Ally, its business lines and product offerings. In addition, the external communications arm of marketing is responsible for advancing Ally’s corporate reputation and promoting the company’s strategic objectives by developing and executing communications plans for the media and external stakeholders. Marketing also has responsibility for the Ally brand, social media, customer engagement, media relations and cross sell efforts. Additionally, the marketing team oversees enterprise research and delivers insight, tools and trends to the enterprise.
The Senior Specialist, Social Sports Sponsorships will report to the Social Sponsorships Director and will help manage the social media efforts around Ally’s multiple sports-based sponsorship initiatives. This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of these initiatives in social, including campaign and content planning, development, and posting (working in tandem with our creative and paid media agencies and sponsorship partners), internal and external content approvals, and integration and support with related functions. Candidate must be able to work well with a variety of business partners both internally and externally, be detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Flexible work hours may be required and may occasionally include evening and weekend responsibilities based on timing of events.
• Serve as main social contact for Ally’s sport sponsorship social content and integration with larger efforts
• Manage social content, including coordinating with agency & sponsorship partners and internal teams on content planning, creation, approvals, revisions, and scheduling
• Maintain Ally’s tone of voice and approach in all content and assist Social Sponsorships Director with continually-evolving content and campaign integration
• Coordinate content approvals with Ally legal, compliance, and brand, as well as external stakeholders
• Work in tandem with Brand Sponsorships team for larger sports-based campaign and event initiatives and activations
• Integrate with Ally Social Community Management team to ensure they can accurately respond to and escalate any questions/issues regarding sports social campaigns and content
• Support paid specialist and agency partners with social advertising optimization
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Detailed experience in social media management
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Marketing, English or related field
• Ability to build and manage effective working relationships with internal and external partners
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Works well under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to manage tactical projects independently and demonstrate self-initiative
• Attention to detail and ability to give/receive feedback
• 5-7 plus years of professional experience
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in marketing and/or social marketing
• In-depth knowledge of sports marketing
• Prior agency/client relationship management experience is a plus
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally’s Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work — and outside of it and includes:
• Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
• Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
• Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.