Vice President Consumer and Insights
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Vice President Consumer and Insights is the lead enterprise executive to identify and develop market intelligence, actionable insights, consumer solutions and performance optimization for Atrium Health across its rapidly expanding enterprise and business partnership portfolio. S/he must possess the business and analytical acumen necessary to understand, interpret and anticipate customer needs; to identify, position and prioritize opportunities; and to effectively manage and optimize performance. Additionally, the position leads the consumer experience practice for the enterprise and provides oversight for the Atrium Health portfolio of products / offers across multiple customer types and product categories. S/he engages internally within the department and across the Enterprise as well as externally with partners, business leaders and customers to provide thought leadership, strategy and execution for results.
• Develop a deep understanding and intelligence for the current and future market environment including regulators, competitors, payers, consumers, employers, industry disruptors and distribution partners
• Deliver timely market information, business trends and business-critical insights using data visualization techniques to convey ideas
• Create, action and maintain a comprehensive customer / consumer segmentation and lifetime value models to provide insight-driven understanding of the current and future market and enhanced clarity on prioritized opportunities
• Enhance and evolve research, methods, data sources and tools to create a comprehensive view of the consumer experience including measurement of satisfaction, effort, advocacy and competitive position to fuel Voice of the Customer insights
• Leverage insight of market dynamics, competitor position and consumer needs, wants and values to create consumer experiences as a competitive advantage
• Develop an effective product management capability covering the full lifecycle for the enterprise portfolio of products, programs and services across current and potential customers in alignment with the broader enterprise strategy
• Actively collaborate in the development of the departmental strategies, tactics and activation including the definition and alignment of processes, resources and planning
• Identify and prioritize opportunities to optimize business outcomes complemented with a disciplined approach to quantification, monitoring and post-initiative assessment
• Develop and operate a comprehensive marketing analytics practice including leading / lagging performance indicators supported by performance dashboards and optimization techniques
• Oversee and manage department operations including budgeting, forecasting and resource planning
• Manage relationships with external vendors and partners—including scope / pricing negotiation and quality reviews
• Collaborate and partner with cross functional teams (internal and external) to identify and create value
• Develop a team and operating model to be industry leading performers and change agents focused on thought leadership, collaboration and best in class capabilities
• Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
• Identify opportunities to drive outcomes in alignment with the enterprise strategy
• Build alignment of critical stakeholders toward the future state vision
• Set strategy and tactics that establish a roadmap of execution
• Lead teams within the department and across the enterprise through collaboration and trust
• Execute for results
• Establish and nurture relationships within the department and across the enterprise.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or similar field of study from an accredited university / institution required; Master’s degree preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in marketing and customer insights including (but not limited to) strategy, planning, transformation, market research / intelligence, product management, marketing and / or analytics
• Strong experience in developing / maturing capabilities and operating models
• Strong experience in the aggregation and integration of quantitative and quantitative research and analysis to guide insights into action within a complex organization
• Experience in uncovering opportunities and building plans to capture value
• Strategic thinker with the ability to synthesize varied sources of data and insights to shape impactful insights and presentations
• Excellent interpersonal skills to enable interaction with a wide range of personalities/styles and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization
• The ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities effectively in a complex, fast-paced business environment
• Proven skills in both managing and advancing talent across levels
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail with strong analytic and project management abilities
• Self-starter, highly proactive, and collaborative.