Wyndham Capital Mortgage, founded in 2001, is a Direct to Consumer Online Lender, active in 46+ States and has more than 200 employees in Charlotte, North Carolina. Wyndham Capital Mortgage’s corporate culture empowers our employees. We strive to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our jobs and lives. Your involvement will translate directly to continuous improvement in our systems and processes. We also believe in a deeply rooted culture based on caring for our employees in ways that will empower them to care for each other and our customers. The culture breeds positivity, cooperation, and camaraderie among all of the employees. It really makes you feel like you’re a part of something.
Mortgage Origination is a lucrative career that requires significant investment in licensing, professional education and hands on training. WCM invests 12 months of training in sales tactics, mortgage regulations, licensing, systems and software, along with $40,000 in each candidate to develop their skills to ensure success.
Wyndham Capital Mortgage (WCM) provides consumers in 46 states, mortgage loans using our proprietary technology. As a licensed mortgage banker, you will provide consultative sales to consumers seeking mortgage loan solutions to purchase or refinance their home.
For those graduating in December 2019, wouldn’t it be nice to have some time off after graduation knowing you have a job lined up? We hire and train ambitious people who desire a career in mortgage banking. We are hiring for our next training class to start February 10.
Our employees are offered a base salary plus incentives through a career path consisting of 2 steps:
Mortgage Associates begin speaking to consumers and connect them to licensed mortgage consultants while learning how to take mortgage applications. At this time, you will be closely assisted by a senior mortgage banker. Our Mortgage Associates earn approximately $40,000 (base) plus potential to earn commission/incentives for the next 6-12 months (moving to Mortgage Consultant is based on meeting metrics and Management discretion).
Mortgage Consultants are assigned to a sales team where they continue to receive on the job training and guidance from a Sales Manager. Our Mortgage Consultants earn on average $121,000 per year after completing their training.
• Serve as first point of contact by providing excellent customer service to potential borrowers
• Develop and maintain relationships with new and current borrowers
• Communicate with borrowers to obtain information for loan applications and answer questions about the process
• Explain the different types of loans and credit options that are available to customers, as well as the terms of those services
• Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans
• Work with borrowers to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals
• Submit complete and accurate mortgage loan packages that provide all information needed to make an underwriting decision
• Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them
• Stay up-to-date on changes in market conditions that affect the company’s many loan products
• Answer inquiries, offer assistance, be creative, and identify client needs and objectives
• Assist past, current, and future clients via phone and email
• Utilize all product knowledge and documentation to provide customers with the product recommendations appropriate for their needs and house goals
• Meet and maintain all mortgage loan origination licensing requirements including continuing education requirement
• Previous phone sales experience is highly preferred
• You are very comfortable with sales and negotiation tactics
• You have a competitive spirit
• Team player who is assertive, goal-oriented, positive and self-motivated
• Desire to work in a dynamic, fun, and fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in using computer applications
• High level of integrity
• Sense of humor
• Can think out of the box, solution- oriented
• Can crunch numbers
• Positive attitude, you like to have fun at work too!
• Team oriented, coachable
• Excellent communication skills
• The Perks
• Annual salary plus monthly bonuses
• Fully paid NMLS Training and State Licensing
• Complete benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching and 20 PTO days +
• 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off
• Lucrative incentive plans, cash rewards, and contests
• Continuous on-going training, career pathing and internal promotion opportunities
• Company outings and team events and competitions
• Compensation average: $45,000-$60,000 first year; $121,000 average second year; and $205,000 average after five years.