Marketing and Events Coordinator
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission of inspiring choices that lead to a healthy, equitable and vibrant community for generations to come. Learn more about our work at www.sustaincharlotte.org.
Sustain Charlotte is seeking an experienced Marketing and Events Coordinator to plan, organize, promote and manage all Sustain Charlotte events. The position is also responsible for the planning and implementation of Sustain Charlotte’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities.
Under the supervision of the Development Director and Sustain Charlotte’s Events Manager Consultant, the Events and Communications Coordinator serves as Sustain Charlotte’s lead staff for the organization’s fundraising events, external communications, and outreach efforts.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of Sustain Charlotte’s annual marketing timeline for all communications.
• Prepare and manage Sustain Charlotte’s marketing/communications calendar.
• Develop and manage Sustain Charlotte’s social media strategy to deepen engagement across targeted audiences and drive increased inbound traffic to Sustain Charlotte website.
• Ensure that Sustain Charlotte branding is consistently and accurately represented at all community and member touch points and for all communications and publications.
• Lead the design of annual marketing/communications plan and budget development.
• Maintain and develop relationships with other organizations and partners for outreach and cross-promotion.
• Provide support to staff in writing, editing, and proofreading official Sustain Charlotte materials.
• Create and distribute media alerts and press releases for Sustain Charlotte events and activities.
• Coordinate Sustain Charlotte’s external communication with regards to media, to include staff interviews and correct messaging.
• Serve as a back-up to Digital Content Coordinator at creating, scheduling and managing regular external communications, to include social media, website updates, e-blasts and e-newsletters.
• Support the organization’s mission, vision, and core values through a variety of fundraising and marketing campaigns.
• Coordinate all aspects of fundraising events, to include, but not limited to all event logistics, planning, execution and evaluation.
• Work closely with Sustain Charlotte staff to plan and coordinate all facets of each event.
• Establish and maintain relationships and pricing agreements with outside vendors.
• Monitor event budget and prepare income and expense sheets for all events.
• Work with program staff to address their promotional needs in a timely fashion.
• Attend all events (weeknights and weekends) to set-up and monitor registration, payments, track attendees, and ensure events are running smoothly.
• Ensure all post-event activities are completed: database entry, sending surveys and compiling summary reports.
• Train, supervise, and support event volunteers.
• Solicit, steward and acknowledge event sponsors and donors of raffle and silent auction items.
• Bachelor’s degree
• The right candidate will possess skills knowledge and experience in producing special events, as well as the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities.
• Strong creative, strategic, and organizational skills are required, and experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
• Experience working with business social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
• Experience working in LinkedIn and YouTube is a plus.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication, including the ability to translate complex ideas into clear, compelling text free of grammatical and punctuation errors.
• Proficiency in using spreadsheets, MS office, Google Drive, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of working with e-newsletters is a plus.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Commitment to the mission of Sustain Charlotte.
We offer a comfortable work environment in a small office in Charlotte’s vibrant South End neighborhood. We encourage our employees to commute by walking, bicycling, or riding public transit instead of driving.
This position will require some work in the evenings and on weekends to attend community events and meetings.
Some in-town travel will be required. High volume of public contact.