Skipper is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled startup based in Charlotte, NC that is reimagining the way pet parents experience their lives with their pets through a professionally-trained team and cutting-edge technology. We provide pet owners with an unparalleled level of convenience, accountability and care. Come join our team of dog lovers and be a part of the “next big thing” in pet care.
Skipper is looking for passionate and creative animal lovers to provide unparalleled care for our amazing clients and their adorable pets. Our Skipper walkers love being outdoors, are passionate about animals, think quickly on their feet, and create adventures in everyday life.
Our Skipper walkers are part-time W-2 employees that are shifted by our operations team two-weeks in advance and are scheduled for a series of walks, each shift based on client demand.
Walkers use our proprietary app to access daily schedule, visit information, and to document the visit through photos and creative visit reports for our clients.
Skipper has a unique operations team that is available throughout the day to support and assist with any issues our walkers encounter.
Our walkers receive over 10 hours of classroom and on-the-job training before performing their first solo visit so they can feel confident and prepared to meet all of the furry friends of Skipper.
• A minimum of 15-20 hours of work availability during our operating hours: Monday – Friday: 10am – 6:30pm; Saturday: 11am – 5:30pm; Sunday: 1pm – 5pm
• A clean legal record – and willingness to undergo a background check
• 18 years of life experience (you’re 18 years or older)
• A certificate for perfect attendance in school (you’re reliable!)
• No tardies on your permanent record (you’re punctual!)
• A sense of humor (don’t bring your certificate or your permanent record)
• You put your laundry in the hamper and not in “that chair in the corner” (you’re organized!)
• Do you like pina coladas? Or getting caught in the rain? It might happen – not the drink, but the rain (weather happens!)
• You’ve put together a piece of IKEA furniture right the first time (you’re thorough and detail-oriented!)
• Capable of physical movements requiring the use of legs, wrists, hands and/or fingers including kneeling and bending.
• Repetitive arm and wrist use. Frequent grasping.
• Ability to work in an outside environment, sometimes in adverse weather conditions such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, or snow.
• Ability to pull up to 140 lbs.
• Ability to be on feet and/or walking up to eight (8) hours per day for at least one (1) hour at a time frequently on uneven or hilly walking surface.
• Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds.