Head of Alternatives Investments Financial Strategy – Director
Barings is a $325+ billion* global financial services firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients and customers. Through active asset management and direct origination, we provide innovative solutions and access to differentiated opportunities across public and private capital markets. A subsidiary of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with business and investment professionals located across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Barings Alternative Investments (BAI), part of Barings LLC, is a 430+ associate team located across 11 countries that manages $61.4 billion* in client capital. BAI seeks differentiated sources of returns by incorporating decades of investment experience in alternative assets offering investors access to a diverse range of opportunities across private equity, real assets, asset-based investments and both debt and equity real estate investments. We serve as a trusted partner to clients, leveraging our global presence and robust origination capabilities to identify the most attractive risk-adjusted return opportunities.
*As of June 30, 2019 Barings LLC and its global subsidiaries. BAI AUM is also as of June 30, 2019 and includes serviced real estate assets.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
There is a Director level position available for Barings Alternative Investments (BAI). This individual will report to BAI Head of Business Management, and work closely with BAI senior leadership, BAI investment professionals as well as Barings Finance. This role is responsible for overseeing and managing BAI’s financial strategy including financial forecasting, compensation and expense analysis, hiring analysis and profitability analysis. The ideal candidates will have financial services accounting expertise, have experience in FP&A for a financial services firm, and have a keen interest in understanding how investment management businesses drive profitability.
• Oversight of BAI and business unit financial statements
• Provide financial strategic leadership to BAI leadership and BAI business unit heads
• Understand key profitability drivers, make recommendations regarding business efficiency and establish KPIs to monitor progress toward financial goals
• Establish budgeting and forecasting process and monitor through the year
• Monthly expense analysis
• Work on compensation strategies, particularly year-end bonus pool allocations, incentive fee reconciliation and carry allocations
• Interact with investment professionals, particularly across business unit portfolio management teams
• Help manage and track BAI carry programs
• Work closely with the firm’s Finance and Fund Accounting teams
• 8+ years of accounting experience in financial services
• Experience working at a large financial institution or big four accounting firm is preferred
• FP&A experience for a financial services firm
• Experience in modeling and forecasting; strong Excel skillset and comfortable working in financial models
• Comfortable presenting financial information; strong presentation and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task