VP of Bank Portfolio Innovation (HIRED)
The VP of Bank Portfolio Innovation and Management will drive the strategic vision and program innovation of the Consumer Bank. Reporting to the SVP, Head of Consumer Bank, this individual will work cross functionally to develop and execute opportunities to drive competitive advantage; new innovative products, tools and technology; deepening and sales strategy across channels; and other tactics to drive growth and portfolio revenue optimization. The incumbent must be a bank expert with the ability to think strategically and evaluate competitive opportunities; identify innovative enhancements to products, tools, technology, etc.; and effectively build the case for support and plans for execution.
• Partner across cross-functional teams to translate strategies into targeted actions and programs resulting in growth, and design approaches to measure success once implemented.
• Partner across cross-functional teams to drive product and program innovation that builds consumer retention and drives growth.
• Partner with cross-functional teams for pricing, marketing, forecasting and Marketing Strategies.
• Conduct competitive intelligence and research to benchmark products across banking industry that can be developed in-house.
• Partner with Strategy, M&A, Ventures and other stakeholders to execute an aligned acquisition/partnership strategy.
• Regularly present to, communicate with, and influence senior leadership across a matrixed organization.
• Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or, in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and 15 years of work experience in financial services.
• 10+ years of work experience in financial services to include: 7+ years of experience in Consumer Banking; 3+ years of relationship management and leadership experience, including working with cross-functional business partners and senior leadership, communicating with both technical and non-technical resources; 3+ years project management managing multiple programs/projects simultaneously.
• Understand the financials of Consumer Banking – how banks make money, and how strategic opportunities influence business performance.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office product suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
• Demonstrated leadership ability including effective team management and experience managing up.
• Flexible, collaborative approach and positive attitude.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to voice unpopular opinions if they are the right approach for the business.
• Strong quantitative skills with experience creating data-driven recommendations.
• Project management skills with ability to manage multiple programs through a team-based approach in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with exceptional presentation skills and high emotional intelligence.
• Comfort working with and presenting to senior executives across the organization.
• Great influencing skills and ability to drive change.
• You must be 18 years or older.
• You must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process.
• You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
• New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
• The salary range for this position is $100,000-$200,000.
• Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.