Tiny Horse is a unique combination of marketing and production. Our team is made up of people who are comfortable performing cross-functional roles and working in small teams across multiple projects on tight deadlines. Tiny Horse is a modern media company that builds audiences, develops content and connects brands with their best customers. If you want to work with a team that values initiative, reliability, intelligence and collaboration, read on.
Tiny Horse is seeking mid-to-senior-level Brand Strategist to develop progressive, intentional and meaningful brand stories for our partner clients. The right candidate will have experience in developing dynamic brand campaigns, strategic activations and direct response campaigns. This position will service multiple clients but will be 50–75% focused on a Financial Services B2B Client. As a linchpin of the Strategy Team, this position will be instrumental in charting and keeping the course for our entire stable of clients.
• Own the strategic process: develop an agency-wide, brand-led, cross-media strategic process to apply to various clients and campaigns.
• Strike the balance between data and intuition: utilize first and third-party research tools to delve into the specifics of our brand partners, customers and the market, then know when to leverage that research and when to buck it for common sense.
• Be the customer’s greatest advocate: apply solid understanding of audience profiling techniques, media consumption habits and competitive analysis, plus a healthy dose of inhabiting a customer’s brain to produce strategies that mean something to customers.
• Push our team in the direction of innovation: be on the cutting edge of brand/customer relationships and don’t let us settle for less than excellent.
• Be the bridge between clients and creative: turn research, brand input, your own expertise and media/content influence into creative briefs that empower the creative team to make smart, bold choices without losing the client’s goals.
• Be the most informed person in the room: Keep apprised of clients’ brands, products, services and marketing developments—their key issues, competitive situation and relevant trends—and ensure internal team is kept up to date accordingly.
• Think product first: Understand what brands are looking for and what products we need to bring to market to support them.
• Be the voice for what sells: Develop brand-driven documentation for sales/new business teams to drive potential-client excitement and, in the end, yeses.
• Own the pitch process: Develop new business decks, pitch presentations and pitch strategies for new business clients.
Skills and requirements:
• Minimum 3-5 years experience working in a strategic role, preferred 5-7 years.
• Preferred minimum 2-3 years managing brand strategy for mid-to-large sized brands or 1-2 years in product strategy.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills.
• Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be a strategic thinker with strong project management skills.
• Must be able to multi-task, problem-solve, manage multiple timelines and work across functions.
• Perform tactical tasks effectively and with minimal supervision.
• Develops collaborative relationships with team members, displays clear communication and act proactively.
• Proficient in building decks using PowerPoint and Keynote.
Why work with us:
We’re a small, smart, energetic team. We value character, innovation and intelligent, forward-thinking ideas. We like working together and don’t expect anyone to have every answer…just to know how to find the answer. If you’re looking for a healthy, lively, fast-paced culture working with global clients to startups, we’d love to interview you.