Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is expanding its Finance organization and has positions available in areas supporting Merchandising, Store Operations and Supply Chain.
Lowe’s Finance Charter: We are advocates for our shareholders and customers responsible for partnering with the business to optimize financial outcomes, long-term value creation and risk mitigation. We are a goal-oriented, continuous-learning organization with deep financial expertise and business acumen. Our success is hinged on our servant leadership and steadfast commitment to People, Financial Stewardship and Process.
The Finance Manager serves as the primary Finance partner for the business as well as a financial steward in the organization by partnering with leadership to optimize the financial outcomes of decisions.
The Finance Manager accomplishes work through the responsibilities listed below:
• Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) and thought leader on respective team.
• Facilitates the financial forecasting and planning processes with leadership partners that result in quarterly forecast updates, annual plans and long-range plans (2-3 years).
• Collaborates across the business to provide root cause analysis and actionable insights based on financial and non-financial data to leadership partners. This includes the optimization of the deployment of financial resources on behalf of the Company and responsibility for instilling financial acumen in the business to create a foundation for strong decision-making.
• Seeks to maximize financial returns through communication of financial and non-financial insights to leaders by preparing analyses using multiple data sources, translating findings into clear, understandable themes, identifying complete, consistent and actionable insights and recommendations.
• Develops business cases for key initiatives and major programs by creating robust financial models tied to a program’s (or initiative’s) strategic narrative, identifying risks to the organization and engaging the business owner in risk mitigation and trade-offs, identifying and measuring key trigger points (metrics) that provide insight into an initiative’s success (leading and final indicators).
• Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area, leveraging an understanding of policies, data and resources to support projects or initiatives, collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems, identifying, recommending and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field AND 6+ years of experience in finance or analytical role with a public company or public accounting.
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• 1+ years of experience with financial forecasting or analytic modeling.
• Experience in structuring and writing formal documents, developing and delivering group presentations, project planning and/or cross-functional collaboration.
• Previous experience in FP&A, Corporate Finance or Corporate Accounting.
• Experience in Supply Chain Finance, Merchandising Finance, Store Operations Finance.
• Experience leading people directly or indirectly.
• Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and/or Manufacturing Experience.
• Master’s Degree or MBA.
• CPA or CFA or CMA.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.