Sales Business Development Representative
Come join the SentryOne team and help accelerate the growth of the hottest software company in Charlotte. We’re the one that makes SQL databases run faster and better with our suite of software programs. SQL is the default choice for any company running data analysis. Because the amount of data is growing at a rate of 100% every two years, this market is massive and ripe with opportunity. SentryOne has been growing at high double-digit rates for many years with a goal to exceed $100M in sales within the next three years.
The Business Development Representative based out of Charlotte, NC is results-oriented, hunter-mentality with persuasive phone communication skills. This position is primarily responsible for leading top of funnel activity focused on creating a high volume of prospect engagement. These responsibilities include making outbound calls, electronic communication with prospects with a focus on mid to large enterprise brands. The BDR will be highly motivated and drives positive prospect experiences that support the company’s overall sales goals.
Duties and essential job functions:
• Develop intrigue and position SentryOne products as a value-add solutions for the Microsoft Professional.
• Lead presales activities to develop a high-quality lead funnel that focuses on mid to large enterprise brands.
• Achieve product demonstrations and opportunity targets through lead development activity.
• Lead and work with stakeholders from a variety of marketing programs and qualified business applicants.
• Maintain a measurable persistence around lead development which includes call and email engagement.
• Maximize outbound efforts to meet and exceed quotas for calls and qualified meetings.
• Lead as the first point of contact with customers and responsible for connecting leads with sales team(s).
• Work closely with other departments to ensure completion of the sale and/or other sales operations requirements.
• Leverage all contacts to identify other prospects through referrals.
• Track all activity thoroughly in our CRM to support account and management teams, validate activity and lead qualification reports and provide ISR with solid prospect background on role, need, intrigue to ensure high-quality prospect transition into the sales process.
• Bachelors degree required and a minimum of 1+ years of sales experience.
• Expansive creativity and motivation to successfully reach prospects and create conversation.
• Self-motivated and strong work ethic.
• Experience conducting business and building relationships in phone and email, with excellent phone, interpersonal, verbal and written capabilities.
• Hunter mentality including ability to “think on your feet” and make compelling introductions.
• Professional communication skills and ability to connect with IT business leaders.
• Positive attitude towards work, teammates and working with colleagues in other departments.
• Exceptional communication skills both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and an energetic phone presence
• Fluent in Microsoft Office.
• Experience in CRM systems preferred (salesforce.com).
Culture and benefits:
• Casual office environment.
• Outstanding benefits package including a 401K matching, generous PTO and monthly wellness benefit.
• Free catered lunches on Friday.
• On-site fitness center with top-end (Peloton and Rogue) equipment.
• Collaborative, fun environment.
Why work with us:
We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth while empowering our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun and continue our track record as of one of Charlotte’s best places to work along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to challenge you and advance your career – look no further than SentryOne!