Medical Administrative Assistant (HIRED)
OrthoCarolina is one of the nation’s leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout western North Carolina each year.
OrthoCarolina is currently seeking a Medical Administrative Assistant to work with our team at our OrthoCarolina Hand Center in Charlotte. The Medical Administrative Assistant provides a variety of administrative and general medical secretarial support for physicians of a subspecialty and other members of the clinic. The position also serves as the liaison between the physician and administration, all departments within the organization, patients, attorneys and the public in general.
Some of the primary responsibilities of this role are listed as follows:
• Anticipates needs of physicians by gathering related records, reports, correspondence or other specific information for communication with the physician.
• Maintains appointment calendar and outside schedule for physician(s)/mid-level providers, including meeting schedules, travel, etc. Arranges meetings as directed by the physician(s).
• Handles variety of matters involving interaction with other physicians, administrators, consultants, various staff, board members, medical committees, government agencies and the public.
• Handles requests from a wide range of outside agencies or organizations, including, but not necessarily limited to: state and federal agencies, professional societies and memberships.
• Recognizes, inconsistencies, discrepancies and inaccuracies in medical dictation. Appropriately clarifies, edits and revises them without altering the providers meaning of the dictation or changing the dictator’s style.
• Organizes and prioritizes assigned work. Performs work in a confidential matter concerning the physicians, clinic policies and procedures and maintains patient confidentiality.
• Coordinates medical/legal correspondence to include communication with attorneys, arranging depositions and court dates, processing of reports and acceptance of subpoenas for the physician.
• Assists in the preparation of agendas, meeting materials, notes, financial and statistical data as requested by the physician.
• Informs Practice Manager/physician/mid-level providers of problems. Works with Practice Manager to determine appropriate actions necessary to resolve problems in physician’s absence and takes action accordingly.
• Performs secretarial/clerical duties including, but not necessarily limited to, transcription of Operative/STAT notes, ER notes, consultation notes, all physician (s) and mid-level providers.
A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment. Benefits offered include:
• Competitive salary package.
• Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
• Health Savings Account.
• Life insurance.
• Short/Long term disability insurance.
• Tuition Reimbursement.
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance.
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance.
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft.
• Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource.
• 401(k) retirement plan.
• Profit sharing plan.
At OrthoCarolina, our team is our greatest asset and the foundation of our success, we share a common passion for making lives better. We are a diverse group of individuals, accountable to each other through the backbone of our beliefs: trust, honesty and mutual respect, ensuring our voice is heard. Our positive environment supports individual growth and a sense of belonging. Our employees work together to uphold the standards of excellence and promote and environment of teamwork throughout the organization. If these attributes align with the job culture you are seeking – then OrthoCarolina might be the right fit for you!
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.