Content Manager (HIRED)
Caring.com is quickly scaling up its content team and the company is seeking a full-time content manager based out of its Charlotte office. The content manager will be leading and editing a team of freelance writers, overseeing multiple, smaller content projects (3-5 ongoing) and writing articles. Candidates should be extremely self-motivated, possess skills, learn quickly and be flexible.
The content team at Caring.com is responsible for a varied portfolio of websites in competitive consumer verticals The content manager will report to the content team lead and work alongside one other content manager. Our goal is to create a team culture that encourages collaboration, personal growth and a healthy work-life balance.
• Managing a team of 5-8 freelance writers and 3-5 projects.
• Editing content to ensure that tone, style and quality of work meets the requirements.
• Ensuring that work gets delivered on-time.
• Tracking hours to verify the efficiency and productivity of freelance writers.
• Meeting project and article deadlines.
• Writing content when needed.
• Assisting with content strategy and developing project templates.
• Helping to onboard new freelancers – including assisting with evaluations and training.
We are targeting an editor who:
• Has 1-3 years in a content editing/management role, responsible for leading a team of writers.
• Is accurate and efficient at spotting and fixing writing mistakes and providing effective feedback to writers.
• Is a solid writer and is good at logically presenting authoritative content in an approachable tone.
• Can quickly adapt to new subject matter and requirements.
• Is always learning and growing from feedback.
• Is adept at understanding and implementing the high-level content strategy.
• Is great at collaborating with his or her manager, peers and freelance team members to accomplish common goals.
• Is responsible and trustworthy.
• Is great at proactive communication and pushing for clarity.