VP of Strategy & Digital Transformation
SPX Corporation is a supplier of highly engineered products and technologies, holding leadership positions in the HVAC, detection and measurement and engineered solutions markets. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX Corporation had approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue in 2018 and more than 4,000 employees in 17 countries. SPX Corporation is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “SPXC”. For more information, please visit our website.
The VP, IT Strategy & Digital Transformation is responsible for the overall management of the Enterprise Strategy, Digital Transformation and Integration of Mergers & Acquisitions within the IT function including the associated people, processes and technology. The VP works closely with the CIO and Business Relationship Managers to ensure alignment between business objectives and IT strategy and roadmaps. Identifies, develops and implements near and long term strategies relating to the development of new products, technologies and services that support the enterprise. VP ensures solutions are designed in a matter which takes into account current and future state architectures, address cross-functional and cross-system implications, adhere to enterprise architecture principles and standards and account for existing and emerging technologies and security requirements. The VP, IT Strategy & Digital Transformation reports directly to the CIO and is based in Charlotte, NC.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide strategic thought leadership and guide strategic initiatives and transformation activities across SPX. Develop comprehensive ERP and Business Transformation initiatives that are aligned with our strategic plans. Promote the organization’s strategic vision and execution.
• Understand business objectives and goals, define the ways in which technology can enable them, establish the business case and translate into a multi-year strategy and project roadmaps that reflect the business priorities.
• Manage and oversee the delivery of projects necessary to execute on the defined strategies. This includes requirements gathering, business case development, technology selection, project management, implementation, end user adoption and governance.
• Provide strategic leadership and creative thinking tied to the analysis of technology trends and the identification of new opportunities to help drive growth strategies.
• Accountable for transformative design, deployment and integrated delivery of ERP platforms.
• Build and present business cases for digital initiatives based on industry trends, business needs and scalable growth. This includes the implementation of strategic platforms and solutions.
• Has primary responsibility for developing and implementing the organization’s digital strategy and integrating digital into all aspects of the business (e.g., content, channels, processes and operating models).
• Assesses and identifies emerging developments in digital technology, e-business platforms, digital and mobile products/services, customer behavior and partnerships in line with the organizations digital strategy.
• Manage and oversee the handling of mergers and acquisitions. This includes maintaining and improving the M&A playbook as well as planning and execution of the integrations across people, processes and technology.
• Maintain a highly qualified and motivated team. Responsible for all mentoring, training and development as well as periodic and annual review.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Proven ability to demonstrate leadership through influence and lead change management efforts.
• Proven ability to formulate a strategic vision, define and implement action plans to achieve strategic goals.
• Strong business and process knowledge, technology implementation, change management and large scale program management.
• Experience leading teams and organizations across large scale ERP implementations (SAP, JDE, IFS)
• Ability to engage internal Business Partners and team members at all levels of the organization and can present ideas and concepts to executive leaders.
• Demonstrated success leading large technology initiatives with enterprise level impact and have managed supplier/vendor relationships and large contracts.
• Functions well in a team environment. Gains consensus, leads, influences and ensures cross discipline participation and feedback.
• High degree of initiative, self-motivation and creativity with proven ability to lead team or peers and act independently.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, technically astute and up to date on latest technologies.
• Strong understanding of financial planning and budgeting
Education and experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• 10+ Years of IT Management experience.
• 5+ years of working in Executive Management.
• Manufacturing experience a plus.
• Experience across all IT functional areas.
• Experience with successful launches of ERP implementations (SAP preferred).
• Experience with SAP S/4 Hana preferred.
• Experience successfully integrating company acquisitions.
• Experience with digital technologies such as artificial intelligence, IoT, data analytics, digital marketing.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.