Event Marketing Account Executive (HIRED)
GMR Marketing is an industry-leading, innovative and fun-loving experiential marketing agency. We tap into passions – music, sports, entertainment, lifestyle – to connect brands to their audiences.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support a financial services client and their event marketing program. This position will play a critical role in facilitating all internal/external communication and marketing initiatives, including promotional events and opportunities, partner relationships and programs, management of staff and retail operations, integration of local market community initiatives, sponsorship strategies and cross-functional collaboration across clients’ internal channels and agencies to elevate the brand presence.
• Planning, concepting, implementation and execution of events within the region.
• Maintain daily communication with clients, vendors and agency HQ resources.
• Manage staff team, coordinate on-going brand training and meetings for team development and facilitate regular communication for program success.
• Conduct status update meetings with client contact to ensure proper program execution.
• Oversight of field staff daily activities to guarantee proper implementation of program directives in accordance with agency and client guidelines.
• Ensure successful event executions through coaching and guidance of field and event operations.
• Maintain thorough program planning, tracking and activation documents and communications.
• Coordinate the maintenance, updates and proper condition of the event assets.
• Oversee budget expenses and assist in budget management.
• Travel to on-site events as needed to assist in program setup and execution.
• Attend client project meetings as needed – set agendas, provide content and context related to the events program and recap notes with next steps.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field.
• 3-4 years of experience – event operations and management preferred.
• Event Sponsorship experience highly desirable.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Strong communication skills with ability to present information to various audiences.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with clients.
• Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Excellent time-management, organizational, communications and management skills.
• Ability to service multiple clients and various assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to travel to various event locations within the region and execute on-site.