Data Coordinator (HIRED)
OrthoCarolina is one of the nation’s leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North and South Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout western North Carolina each year.
We are currently searching for a Data Coordinator to join our Revenue Cycle team in the OrthoCarolina Business Office in Charlotte. The Data Coordinator enters personal payments and insurance payments and adjustments into the practice management system for the entire organization. The Data Coordinator enters daily insurance accounts receivable payments and adjustments into medical system. This position ensures accuracy and reports problems, patterns and trends to supervisor. The Data Coordinator reconciles daily batch work back to EFT totals and analyzes insurance remittance to post denial codes for nonpayment.
We are looking for someone who is able to work in a fast-pace, high-volume environment and is able to adapt to the daily workload. The person ins this role must also have excellent 10-key and data entry skills. Previous healthcare experience with an explanation of benefits is preferred.
Other duties may include:
• Enters insurance payments and write-offs to patients’ accounts in a timely manner and runs update reports to verify.
• Routes charge adjustment requests to coders.
• Assists Refund Specialist/Data Coordinator with duties on an “as-needed basis”.
• Reconciles daily batches to EFT files.
• Analyzes insurance remittance to post denial codes for nonpayment.
• Sorts daily explanation of benefits received from insurance companies, post denials and routes to appropriate insurance collector.
A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment. Benefits offered include:
• Competitive salary package.
• Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
• Health Savings Account.
• Life insurance.
• Short/Long term disability insurance.
• Tuition Reimbursement.
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance.
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance.
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft.
• Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource.
• 401(k) retirement plan.
• Profit-sharing plan.
Why work with us:
At OrthoCarolina, our team is our greatest asset and the foundation of our success, we share a common passion for making lives better. We are a diverse group of individuals, accountable to each other through the backbone of our beliefs: trust, honesty and mutual respect, ensuring our voice is heard. Our positive environment supports individual growth and a sense of belonging. Our employees work together to uphold the standards of excellence and promote and environment of teamwork throughout the organization. If these attributes align with the job culture you are seeking – then OrthoCarolina might be the right fit for you!