Multimedia Content Manager (HIRED)
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919 and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full-service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
The Marketing Team is made up of dedicated world-class marketing and communications professionals who are responsible for the strategic development and execution of campaigns and initiatives to support Ally, its business lines and product offerings. In addition, the external communications arm of marketing is responsible for advancing Ally’s corporate reputation and promoting the company’s strategic objectives by developing and executing communications plans for the media and external stakeholders. Marketing also has responsibility for the Ally brand, social media, customer engagement, media relations and cross sell efforts. Additionally, the marketing team oversees enterprise research and delivers insight, tools and trends to the enterprise.
The Multimedia Content Manager is responsible for the planning and development of new multimedia content including live video programs, podcasts and interactive guides that will be published to Ally’s Community Hub and other channels, ensuring that new multimedia content embodies the Ally brand, voice and tone, connecting multimedia content with other related Ally content, in order to support Ally’s broader marketing strategies and business goals.
This role will also assist the Ally Community Hub team with content needs including writing posts and ongoing revision to support production goals. It will also work with cross functional teams to support the development of the broader Enterprise Content Strategy.
50% development of high-quality multimedia content to be published to Ally’s Do It Right community hub and other public distribution channels (YouTube, etc).
• Work with digital team, business leaders, agency and production team to develop high-quality video, audio and interactive content that supports Ally’s business and marketing objectives and positively represents the Ally brand.
• Lead cross functional teams (social, SEO, PR, CRM, brand, LOB, CC) to promote and amplify multimedia content in meaningful ways and increase audience and engagement.
• Develop strategies to support and add value to multimedia content on the Community Hub, including written content and article linking.
• Prepare for growth of multimedia channels and help ensure that Ally remains at the forefront of meeting the customer’s needs by conveying messages in the most relevant fashion and medium.
• Explore, develop and facilitate efficient work flows and introduce innovation into the process that can impact results.
• Ensure consistent brand image, integrity and visual language across all channels.
• Work with legal, compliance & brand teams to gain necessary approvals.
• Coordinate with SEO team to optimize content using best practices.
• Measure audience and engagement on an ongoing basis.
50% Ally Community Hub content support and Enterprise Content Strategy development
• New content creation. Focus on time-sensitive, brand-focused and thought leadership pieces where an internal writer could provide greater efficiency.
• Content revision. Work with content team to develop a process and cadence for evaluating and updating content on an ongoing basis. Refresh and revise older content accordingly.
• Editing support. Provide content editing to support the increased volume of agency and guest content.
• Leverage knowledge of the Ally brand, marketing organization and internal/external content needs to help develop the broader Enterprise Content Strategy. Engage with the development team to drive the project forward.
• Strong knowledge of the Ally brand, culture, values and broader leadership and organizational structure.
• Professional writing, editing, marketing and content production experience.
• Proficient in creating and managing scripts.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lead cross-functional internal and agency teams, managing project timelines and goals.
• Results-oriented – willing to do what it takes to succeed.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
• Computer Skills: Proficient with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Word Press, design and development software skills are a plus.
• Effective presentation skills under a variety of conditions (one-on-one, group, team).
• Deep experience and understanding of the Ally brand.
• Experience managing client relationships and complex deliverables.
• Prior experience writing online content..
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to balance business needs with customer experience.
• Bachelors in Communications, Marketing, Journalism/English.
Total Rewards information:
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally’s Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work — and outside of it and includes;
• Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions.
• Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards.
• Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision.
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions.
• Pre-tax commuter benefits.
• Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder daycare program, childcare discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.