Love chicken sandwiches? Good news, here’s a quick list and drool-worthy photos of 21 must-try chicken sandwiches in Charlotte.
While both Popeyes and Chick-fil-A are tasty, this list only compromises hometown chicken sandwiches.
Chicken sandwiches are listed in no specific order (this is not a ranking). OK, let’s talk chicken.
(1) Spiedie’s Chicken Sandwich — Reid’s
Grilled or fried with your choice of cheese and toppings.
(2) Sammie the Chicken — Wooden Robot (Twisted Eats)
Pan-seared chicken, bacon jam, avocado, kale & sunflower pesto, arugula, and ranch.
(3) The Chicken Biscuit — Suffolk Punch
Flash-fried chicken and scrambled eggs topped with a caramelized onion gravy on a homemade biscuit.
(4) Appalachian Yard Bird Fried Chicken Sandwich — Midwood Smokehouse
Topped with creamy pimento cheese and house pickles on a brioche bun. Midwood has a second chicken sandwich worth ordering as well — it’s their Pollo Texano tossed in a honey chipotle glaze, with apple-jalapeño slaw, and pickles on a brioche bun.
(5) Israeli Hot Chicken Sandwich — Yafo
Spicy red Schug slathered chicken schnitzel on a bun with red cabbage slaw. This sandwich packs some heat.
(6) The Beaut — Bossy Beulah’s Chicken Shack
Joyce Farms chicken breast, pickles, and Duke’s mayo on a Copain bun. The chicken is brined and then buttermilk-soaked before being seasoned with salt and pepper, floured, and deep-fried.
(7) Spicy Chicken Sandwich — Hello, Sailor
Topped with lettuce, pickles, and mayonnaise and served with choice of fries, house salad, coleslaw, or watermelon pastor.
(8) Chicken Finger Sub — Bisonte Pizza Co
Chicken fingers tossed in buffalo sauce with lettuce, tomato, and your choice of cheese.
(9) Chicken Torta — Sav/Way Foods
With over 20 different types of tortas, Sav Way is an authentic sandwich-lovers paradise. This football-sized torta on fresh bread is stuffed with chicken, avocado, cheese, jalapeños, onions, lettuce, and mayonnaise.
(10) Chicken Sandwich — The Asbury
Pickle brined & fried, with sorghum mustard sauce, muenster cheese, bacon, and Bread & Butter Pickles.
(11) Panko Chicken Sandwich — Eight & Sand
Made with fried panko-breaded NC free-range chicken, red cabbage slaw, pickled onions, honey, Duke’s mayo, and pickle on a toasted brioche roll.
(12) Fried Chicken Sandwich — The Crunkleton
Crispy buttermilk chicken, seasonal pickles topped with hot chile honey on a brioche bun.
(13) Big John Sandwich — Pinky’s Westside Grill
6-ounce chicken breast (fried or grilled) with swiss, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and topped with honey mustard.
(14) Billy D’s Fried Chicken Sandwich — Haymaker
Fried chicken with celery seed slaw, B&B pickles, and white BBQ sauce on a house-made potato bun.
(15) Hot Chicken Sandwich – The Waterman
Fried chicken with a spicy glaze, lettuce, tomato, house-made pickles, and mayo on a brioche bun.
(16) Cajun Filet Biscuit with Pimento Cheese — Bojangles’
Cajun-spiced chicken breast filet topped with pimento cheese on a made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuit.
(17) New South Chicken Sandwich — Fran’s Filling Station
Made with goat cheese and pepper jelly.
(18) Juicy Jay’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich — Legion Brewing SouthPark
Wood-grilled chicken with a spicy wing rub and topped with Juicy Jay slaw, spicy honey, Bread and Butter Pickles, and tomato on a brioche roll.
(19) The Boxcar Chicken Sandwich – Boxcar Betty’s
Pimiento cheese, peach slaw, house pickles, and spicy mayo.
(20) Horace’s Favorite Fried Chicken Sandwich – Horace’s Hot Fried Chicken
Served with coleslaw, spicy mayo, and house-made pickles.
(21) A Bird in the Hand – The Uptown Yolk
Springer Mountain Farms seasoned chicken with house-made pickles, charred jalapeño aioli, lettuce, and tomato on a brioche bun.
Looking for more Charlotte food and drink guides? Here’s a complete list of Agenda guides including best burgers, best bars, best new restaurants, best weekly specials, best pizza, best cocktail bars, and best brunch.