Full-Time Sales Associate
Capitol and its sister store Poole Shop are for-profit corporations established in 1997 and 2002 to provide high-quality clothing and supreme shopping experience to Morrison Shopping center and surrounding clientele. The lines carried at Capitol represent the latest in fashion from the U.S., Europe, Australia, India and other countries. The stores are expected to be spotless, attractive, inviting spaces staffed by helpful courteous, well-trained and knowledgeable sales staff. Our goals include (1) Unique experience, offerings and service, (2) Inviting store surroundings and (3) Attention to detail in serving customers.
The sales associate role is an incredible opportunity to have a hands-on experience with exceptional designers and jewelry and to be part of the ground floor of a luxury business. In this position, we are seeking a full-time sales associate that is self-motivated and team-oriented with excellent communication skills. The sales associate will drive the expansion of the business through developing strong relationships with clients, educate the community on Capitol’s offerings, helps to ensure the stores’ overall goals and team focus are met and/or exceeded and support the Store Manager and facilitates the implementation of assigned procedures as outlined below:
• Achieve assigned monthly sales goal. Actively recruits new clients and maintains current client book to meet monthly/yearly goals.
• Assist Store Manager to maintain the highest level of customer service: Assists Store Manager/Sales Team with client pick-ups and drop-offs, assists Store Manager/Sales Team with picking up or dropping off client alterations, assists Store Manager/Sales Team with closets as requested, take drop-offs to FedEx.
• Assist with the maintenance, organization and cleanliness of sales floor, office and storage areas: Maintains cleanliness of sales floor and respected zones, maintains straight racks and refold sweaters and shawls as needed, performs daily tasks to ensure the store is spotless with attention to detail.
• Maintain alterations sheet: Makes sure that each client has been charged and has been charged correctly.
• Initiates interaction and greets each client or potential client with a smile and warmth.
• Maintains knowledge of merchandise and upcoming events.
• Performs other duties as required or requested.
• Contributes to the positive team efforts of both the store and the company.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive individual, company and customer data without exception.
• Acts upon critical issues immediately within the position’s authority and/or asks for assistance/decision-making from management.
• Makes suggestions to improve daily store sales, operations and overall flow.
• Must be able to lift over 35 lbs. and stand on feet throughout the duration of the day.
• Work hours are 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. with a 45-minute lunch break plus 2-3 full Saturdays per month with one day off during the week. Closed on Sundays.