Digital Media Strategist (HIRED)
The Mint Museum is a leading, innovative museum of international art and design committed to engaging and inspiring all members of our global community. Established as the first art museum in North Carolina in 1936, The Mint Museum has grown to include two dynamic facilities, Mint Museum Uptown and Mint Museum Randolph and currently boasts one of largest collections in the Southeast. The Mint proudly offers its visitors inspiring and transformative experiences through art from around the world via its renowned collections, exhibitions, educational programs and scholarship.
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Digital Strategist is responsible for planning, developing and implementing strategies for the overall digital presence of The Mint Museum. That includes, but isn’t limited to social media campaigns, digital advertising, the website and digital displays. The goal of all work is to increase the museum’s visitation and visibility. The digital strategist is a key part of promoting exhibitions, events and branding, as well as building community awareness. Compensation is competitive and a benefits package will be included for this position.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Define and implement a highly effective overall digital and social-media strategy for The Mint Museum, its website and various channels.
• Oversee regular e-blasts and strategize ways to increase open rates.
• Monitor, measure and analyze website traffic and success of marketing campaigns through use of web-analytics tools. Experience with Google Analytics and Google Adwords preferred.
• Lead efforts to expand traffic generation beyond organic SEO and increase revenues from virtual visitors through Search Engine Marketing, social-media advertising and other channels.
• Develop content for the website and fulfill updates and digital requests.
• Produce and manage internal and external digital displays.
• Work across multiple departments to implement and enhance digital access in the museum and across its web platforms.
• Research and remain current with design-related technology, industry trends, best practices, resources and products.
• Work closely with Collections & Exhibitions and the Curatorial teams to ensure digital strategies are compliant and consistent with contracts, development, grants, museum branding and other applicable obligations.
• Assist in the development and production of photos and video content.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 1-5 years’ experience with digital media preferred, from social media to email marketing to web site management. Work samples required.
• Knowledge of all major social media channels required.
• Well-versed in WordPress and web site maintenance.
• Strong photography and/or video skills.
• Knowledge of Constant Contact or MailChimp email marketing preferred.
• High attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be a self-starter, entrepreneurial, resourceful and comfortable working in a small team environment where self-sufficiency is essential.
• Excellent communication skills, time management and project management skills.
• Ability to work with a team and independently.