Web.com is offering free tickets to small business owners for the pro golf tournament this weekend at Davidson’s River Run Country Club – which is this year called the Small Business Connection Championship.
The organizers are also hosting an event for small business owners at the NASCAR Hall of Fame on Friday from 8:30 a.m. to noon. Companies like Bank of America, Allstate and Web.com will answer questions about how to market your business online, how to manage cash flow and how to do long-range planning.
- River Run Country Club is at 19125 River Falls Drive in Davidson and the tournament runs Thursday through Sunday. It will be on the Golf Channel.
- This is the event that used to be known as the Chiquita Classic, until the company bolted town and backed out of the last year of its contract. Web.com is the overall tour sponsor and came up with the idea to brand it the Small Business Connection Championship.
- Without a corporate sponsor lined up, the event will likely leave the Charlotte area.
- Allstate, Capital One, LegalZoom, Microsoft, Office Depot and Web.com are the tournament sponsors for this year and will have people on hand to answer questions from small business owners about their fields of expertise.
- Web.com does website building, SEO, online marketing, eCommerce and call center stuff.
- This tour is essentially the “minor league” of pro golf but is still a big deal. The top players earn their PGA Tour card and get to compete in all the big-name events.
- Purse is $1 million. Winner gets $180,000.
(Photo credits: Web.com and Lee Patterson)