NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm, we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
Our busy, Charlotte, NC office is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of consulting engineering experience designing Electrical systems and developing plans and specifications for a variety of facility types.
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefits package.
• Performs professional engineering tasks under the supervision of a senior engineer and/or project manager.
• Obtains and documents field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in and out of state. Some overnight travel may be required.
• May supervise junior engineers and designers within own discipline, review work of junior level engineers, designers and technicians to ensure quality.
• Assists Group Leader with project planning, managing schedules and budgets to complete work on time and within budget.
• Obtains knowledge of building codes and stays current with building code changes.
• Performs equipment takeoffs for estimating purposes.
• May assist with defining staffing needs for specific projects and coordinating staff assignments to ensure optimal utilization of staff and timely delivery of high-quality products and services.
• Within technical specialty, is able to design and layout routine portions of a project by utilizing Revit, CAD or other means and is moderately proficient in CAD.
• Develops plans, specifications and cost estimates for a limited number of concurrent projects.
• Prepares studies, drawing or sketches as required, creates final design documents.
• Using knowledge of the kinds of projects the firm designs, is able to specify engineering systems from catalogs or CAD systems.
• Communicates effectively with staff, vendors and clients.
• Graduate from an accredited four‐year engineering curriculum.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of specific on‐the‐job experience in the consulting engineering field including developing plans and specifications in his/her technical specialty.
• Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of the discipline he/she is designing.
• Experience in design of healthcare, higher education, transportation or commercial a plus.
• Formal training in Revit/AutoCAD MEP preferred or commensurate experience.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Certifications and licenses
• PE (Professional Engineer) License required.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.