Part-Time Marketing Manager (HIRED)
Let Me Run is a nonprofit wellness program that inspires boys to be themselves, be active and belong. With a comprehensive curriculum that applies the power of running, the program encourages boys to develop their psychological, emotional and social health, in addition to their physical health. Twice a week for seven weeks, two trained volunteer coaches lead an elementary or middle school team through practice. Designed to amplify confidence, self-expression and respect for others, each practice includes a lesson from the Let Me Run curriculum that incorporates running, games and activities. Each fall and spring season culminates in a 5k race festival that celebrates the boys’ personal growth. Let Me Run started in Charlotte, NC in 2009 and has now served over 24,000 boys across 31 states. The program has over 50 regions of various sizes and 12 of those are focus growth regions, managed by local staff.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and consistent with the mission of Let Me Run Inc., the Marketing Manager is responsible for creating, planning, managing and implementing creative marketing initiatives that support the organization’s annual marketing communications plan and promote Let Me Run across the country.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to concept and execute relevant marketing materials that meet the needs of key stakeholders and target audiences.
• Apply critical thinking to LMR’s needs and provide guidance and innovative marketing solutions that elevate the organization.
• Brainstorm and create resources and materials that increase program awareness and drive registration.
• Concept and develop original creative content that aligns with and elevates Let Me Run’s brand.
• Collaborate, manage and develop a wide range of materials that support Let Me Run’s local and national fundraising events and campaigns.
• Create and manage complex templated, as well as custom, marketing materials to support the program across the country.
• Create, manage and execute project timelines, deadlines and deliverables for LMR national, as well as regions across the country, using project management software and the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Write and develop rich and varied content on a wide range of topics for both internal and external audiences.
• Utilize branding best practices to develop concepts, copy and layouts that move an audience to action.
• Lead, create and manage Let Me Run’s national monthly newsletter.
• Implement programming curriculum edits.
• Serve as a branding and marketing consultant for LMR Regional staff.
• Maintain knowledge of LMR talking points for partner/sponsor communications and public relations.
• Opportunity to serve as a coach for a Let Me Run elementary or middle school team.
• Completed college degree in a related field (e.g. Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Public Relations).
• 3+ years related work experience in marketing or communications.
• Portfolio of work samples that show conceptual creative thinking, writing abilities and graphic design skill through cohesive ad campaigns across a variety of media.
• Skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Proficient in Google Drive (G Suite) and Microsoft Office.
• Personal computer for general office tasks.
• Ability to communicate (in writing and in person) in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
• Flexible, adaptable, dependable, collaborative, self-motivated and personable.
• Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multitask, as well as create timelines and meet deadlines.
• Proven ability to create high-quality content in a timely fashion in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge and ability to effectively communicate issues surrounding gender stereotypes, social, emotional and physical health and wellness.
• A positive role model who is courageous enough to be yourself.
• Enthusiasm for the mission of Let Me Run.
The Marketing Manager role is a flex part-time staff position with 20 hours a week in the payment range of $21-$24 per hour, with the potential to increase hours* (up to full-time) as the department grows. *Preferred increase in hours from September through at least November 2019.