Systems Engineer Specialist – Enterprise Architect
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit our website.
Formulates and defines specifications for complex operating systems. Modifies and maintains complex operating systems and supporting products using vendor releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Evaluates and recommends new hardware and software components to improve the operation of Data Center.
• Establishes and monitors the technical performance, reliability and efficiency of mainframe-based hardware and software supporting all current and future operating systems and all computer applications of the Carolinas Healthcare System.
• Audits of infrastructure application servers for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
• Provides responsive support to the application development and operational activities of the Information Services department.
• Reports system performance, makes recommendations and takes appropriate action to insure the best performance per utilization of computer resources.
• Develops and maintain testing mechanism to verify capabilities of incoming Software/Hardware releases to insure viability before go-live.
• Advises staff on proper data administration and program design to improve capabilities of existing programs and systems.
• Manages all aspects of projects including budget development, scope definition, timeline preparation, resource estimation and management and status reporting. Plans projects using standard • CHS methods to develop manpower and cost estimates.
• Supports the System Engineers and IS Management from a technical perspective.
• Supports Technology applications such as load testing, software distribution, monitoring and job scheduling packages.
• Establishes overall multi-cloud architecture vision and roadmap, ensuring specific technical capabilities and tools are appropriately designed and leveraged based on practical/hands on experience.
• Defines multi-cloud architecture reference documentation and helps to enforce standards based on practical experience.
• Develops and maintains a multi-cloud adoption framework including cloud readiness assessment and criteria for selecting the appropriate cloud platform/services.
• Develops/recommends training/onboarding requirements based on AWS and/or Azure certification.
• Partners with other Technology & Operations teams on the data center migration/co-location initiative.
• Recommends solutions and/or new technologies based upon business value drivers, proven architecture principles, patterns and return on investment.
• Anticipates areas where architecture standards may need to be developed that are in-line with customer, IT and industry standards.
• Participates in architecture governance processes and community of practice.
• Collaborates with IT and ensures that the construction of architecture components aligns with architecture strategies.
• Develops and maintains an architectural blueprint and evolutionary roadmap that defines and communicates the strategic direction for these architectures deliver value in support of business and technical strategies.
• Develops reference architecture in accordance to our Enterprise Architecture framework.
Education, experience and certifications:
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or job-related field preferred.
• 8 years experience installing and supporting sophisticated information systems in a health care environment utilizing client/server technologies.
• Advanced knowledge of job-related systems such as Unix, Linux, Window, proficient in script writing preferred.
• General knowledge of networks and TCP IP protocol.
• Formal training in a variety of information systems technology preferred.
Additional training and certifications:
• Experience architecting voice and data networks preferred.
• Ability to think strategically and execute practically, leading and/or partnering with others to achieve strategic goals.
• Ability to adapt presentation/communication of complex solutions for all levels of IT including C-suite.
This position is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to CHS administration. Work duties will require high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be available for call-back support on a regular basis. Work requires during conversions and/or training extensive evening and weekend hours. Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 pounds.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer.